The Moore Identity - Kellen promoted to OC, Kitna to QB coach

D82

17 hours ago, the lone star said:

Other things I'd like to see

1.) True backup RB
2.) Teaching the WRs and TEs to be more versatile by having them lineup at the X, Y, and Z positions
3.) Slot Tree routes run from the outside WR position
4.) More 4 WR plays (take the TE off the field at times)
5.) Less Double and Triple TE plays.
6.) Spread offense sets

I strongly agree with this, we’re going to run Zeke into an early retirement at his current pace... Now, dont kill the messenger here, but I saw it being discussed somewhere else and figured it would be fun... What are your thoughts on bringing Kareem Hunt in? It would be a PR nightmare, but I don’t think JJ is afraid of that, he did bring Hardy and many other questionable players on board before... But Hunt is young, dynamic, and he’d come cheap. Maybe JJ seeing both NO and LA with RB duos in the championship game would spark a signing like this. 

42 minutes ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

I strongly agree with this, we’re going to run Zeke into an early retirement at his current pace... Now, dont kill the messenger here, but I saw it being discussed somewhere else and figured it would be fun... What are your thoughts on bringing Kareem Hunt in? It would be a PR nightmare, but I don’t think JJ is afraid of that, he did bring Hardy and many other questionable players on board before... But Hunt is young, dynamic, and he’d come cheap. Maybe JJ seeing both NO and LA with RB duos in the championship game would spark a signing like this. 

Hunt will come cheap but most likely have suitors where he will be the guy.

I mean, the Moore move is growing on me, and in a vacuum I'd like it a great deal. But it's an odd move if they're not giving Garrett an extension, and yet he still doesn't have one. If it was a prove it year, you'd think he'd bring in someone more experienced with his system, not the former qb who was made qb coach and held his backup QB job as long as he did because of his familiarity with SL's system.

Either give Garrett his extension and let him groom an OC who might bring new thoughts in or let Garrett shoot his shot with a trusted OC who runs or ran a systen similar to his; hell, make Kitna OC- he's had success with a Garrett called and led O. Seems like this move does both Garrett and Moore a disservice, instead of setting both up for success. 

5 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I don't want Moore at all. Is it really so hard to grab someone outside the box for once. I want a young up and coming OC with some experience. Not an understudy. 

Not to mention his two mentor's are guys we have been begging Jerry to get rid of for years.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Not to mention his two mentor's are guys we have been begging Jerry to get rid of for years.

Moore's father was a coach. He was breaking down and drawing up plays under Chris Petersen while at Boise. Sure, Linehan and Garrett brought him in...but just because you work for someone doesn't mean you share the same views on everything.

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

Moore's father was a coach. He was breaking down and drawing up plays under Chris Petersen while at Boise. Sure, Linehan and Garrett brought him in...but just because you work for someone doesn't mean you share the same views on everything.

Sure it doesn't mean that. But the guy has not had one single day of calling plays in the NFL and the two guys he's learned from on how the NFL game works have been grossly incompetent. It is cause for concern and we still have that Garrett hurdle to get over. As I keep repeating, even if this guy can revolutionize our playbook to take the NFL by storm. It's already been said JG is gonna take a greater hand in play calling this year. Who's to say he will even understand Moore's philosophy and how he can get the best play out of our players? We're kind trapped between a rock and a hard place in this situation. If Moore is such a genius I would still rather hire a Todd Haley to come in and work with more to get the most out of our players. Haley might be a total D-Hole but he is same type of coach that the Cowboys are talking up Moore as being.

I love Kelvin Moore as a person and college QB. just didn’t have arm strength or size to make it.  He is a total unknown but they sure ran a complicated offense at Boise state when he was there with a lot of moving pieces including trick plays galore.     He also would be some one Garret trusts isn’t there to take his job and someone jones would know would t rock the boat      Either way he is a total unknown in terms of what he can. And just as importantly CANT do. It would be real risky but frankly it is a risk with anyone unless they have a proven track record and there aren’t too many if those around 

the other advantage is Moore understands Dak his plusses and  limitations.  And there won’t be much adjustment time and they can focus on improving rather then installing a new system

Archived