NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

If Josh Allen falls to 6 I'd be ecstatic. 

I think Gettleman takes Gary at 6. He was with the Giants when they spent early picks on Osi and JPP.  They have Lorenzo(flashed great potential as a rookie) and Golden(who could either return to 12.5 sack form or do nothing) and...that's it?  I absolutely see Gettleman viewing Gary as a guy who can rotate on the edge on early downs and slide inside on passing downs.  

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

There's a 0% chance this happens.  They're not trading up, and certainly not trading up for an ILB.  Since Ted Thompson has taken over, the Packers have never traded up for their natural first round selection.  And they've only used 2 pick on non-premium positions.

I cant help but LOL everytime I see a packers fan say this, knowing that Ted Thompson isnt their GM anymore.

I mean, they probably wont trade up considering they have two FRPs and its a pretty deep draft, but acting like they would never because their former GM never did just makes me laugh.

In fact, Id argue that Gute deliberately went out of his way last year to do something that Thompson never did, which was spend money on a FA... the only problem was he did it for a washed up Jimmy Graham (who was never all that talented anyways imo just happened to be tall and able to catch and played in the perfect offense with the most accurate QB of all time in Brees)

Teams who feel like they should be competing for SBs might try and go get a guy they like. I dont anticipate them trading up with their initial first round pick, but I could absolutely see a scenario where they move up from #30 a few spots after there is a run on a certain position, especially considering that a lot of people think this draft is deep in the middle rounds and are therefore more willing to move back initially for 'less than market value' that still nets them a nice mid round pick. 

Its just funny as hell and now one of the things I'm rooting to see on Thursday (a packers trade up).

Two Patriots rumors:

Deebo Samuel tweeted he would see Bill soon, would not hate that
Daniel Jeremiah on his Move the Sticks said the Pats might take Will Grier or Ryan Finley at the end of the 1st round, based on the premise that five quarterbacks might be going in round 1 as has been rumoured. 

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if TJ Hockenson becomes that draft prospect everyone loves, but slips further than expected because of the teams picking high won’t value the position.

Raiders 24 or 27 it is then. :D

Fant 27/35 is OK but Irv Smith I'd wait til the 3rd and being we don't have a 3rd I'd just wait til our 4th and see who's there. Hock would be my #1 choice and Fant wouldn't suck but too many TE's in this draft so some talent will fall and I'd contemplate 2 if the value was there later...EDIT: Not at 24 and 27 for those two. LOL

PS I think all 3 teams in front of the Raiders are sending smoke screens hoping the Raiders give more than fair value. Hopefully they stand pat and keep those picks or get more trading down. Gruden love Murray, Zona is a lock for Murray. Maybe we trade up to 2/3 for Bosa and all of a sudden Bosa has always been #1 on Zona's board. Tomorrow it will be 'Q' then Oliver and Allen/White right up until the draft begins...

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if TJ Hockenson becomes that draft prospect everyone loves, but slips further than expected because of the teams picking high won’t value the position.

I mean, we've seen it with OJ Howard and Tyler Eifert in the past. But it only takes one team. 

19 hours ago, Forge said:

I'd change the 49ers to bosa now. The rumors for QW were getting loud, but Peter King just revealed his mock and had us taking Bosa; King hasn't missed on a 49er first round pick since 2014. He's plugged in to the 49ers. One of our beat writers, Matt Maiocco (very good) also sits on Bosa for us. Those two guys giving us bosa is more reliable in recent years than any of the other whispers we may hear between now and thursday. 

Man, Lynch was had some decent praise for Bosa during his pre-draft presser, but was gushing about Quinnen. 

9 hours ago, N4L said:

I cant help but LOL everytime I see a packers fan say this, knowing that Ted Thompson isnt their GM anymore.

I mean, they probably wont trade up considering they have two FRPs and its a pretty deep draft, but acting like they would never because their former GM never did just makes me laugh.

Its just funny as hell and now one of the things I'm rooting to see on Thursday (a packers trade up).

Thompson is gone, but they all come from the Ron Wolf school of front office philosophy, so that's the reason Packer fans say this rather consistently. GB might move up from 30, but chances are very slim they move up from 12 and even slimmer that they'd do it for a TE/WR/OG/ILB.
Those are philosophical tenets of the organization and the change at the top isn't likely to alter those strategies. Thompson's aversion to FA was an outlier, Ron Wolf used it extensively as have all of the others that come from his tree.

Glad to provide some added entertainment on Thursday night and if I were foolish enough to bet on any draft day trades from Titletown - I'd lay my cash on a move back from 12 and/or a move back from 30.

Archived