NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

9 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

This is just not true. Where are you getting this information from? Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold were their #1 and #2 QB's throughout the entire process.

A dumb tweet didn't drop him from our #1 QB spot.

5 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I believe the Browns never had Josh Allen as their #1 QB, since all impressions indicate that the current Browns FO is a savvy football operation.  Let's not mistake "smokescreens" for actual interest after the fact.

Like if the Browns didn't know about a player's dumb tweets before the combine, I would be surprised.  I'm sure every NFL team has a bunch of people qualified for "look through this kid's social media and see if there is anything really embarrassing in there."

You guys are both probably right. I got a steady stream of tweets from Jason La Canfora and Walterfootball that Allen was the guy, and I believe Mary Kay Cabot had tweeted is as well just a day or so before the draft. Probably a smokescreen though.

Allen seemed more of a Dorsey type QB due to recency bias, but it was well-known early in the process that Scott McLoughan loved Baker Mayfield and he seemed to have a fire that the Browns locker room really needed.

NBC Sports' Peter King hears Ohio State QB Dwayne Haskins is "sinking" and "may be the fourth passer picked in this draft."

NFL.com draft analyst Lance Zierlein had a similar report over the weekend, writing Haskins' perceived draft stock has been "more media created than team driven." Expected to be the second quarterback off the board behind Oklahoma's Kyler Murray for most of the process, it now appears as if Missouri's Drew Lock and Duke's Daniel Jones have a real shot of jumping Haskins on draft day. It would be a surprise if all four are not selected on Day 1.

Pulled that from a post in the 49er forum from another poster. 

So "NFL doesn't like Dwayne Haskins much" is either:

- Media grades conflicting with team grades and a subsequent course correction.

-OR-

-A team wants Haskins to fall to them.

It's a bit ambiguous as to which, which is probably what the team who wants Haskins at a discount wants us to think.

6 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

After watching Aaron Donald become the best Defensive player in the NFL the 49ers and Jets are gonna let the best player in the draft and a Donald-esque talent(maybe better) who’s bigger, stronger and just as fast slip by them because of “need”

Man the Raiders are lucky they’re about to get a stud.

There isn't a DL in this draft who is stronger and just as fast as Donald.

29 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

There isn't a DL in this draft who is stronger and just as fast as Donald.

Not giving my opinion, but it's certainly up for debate. Similar players no doubt.

On 3/28/2019 at 2:58 PM, tyler735 said:

Here's an interesting chart I saw on twitter highlighting the athletic numbers shown between Ed Oliver and Aaron Donald. Seems like they are in a league of their own in terms of athleticism at DT

D2w-_uIWwAASBg1.png:large

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

At his size vs Donald, the torque and quick twitch in his movement he’s much more a physical specimen. Dude is the best DT I’ve ever seen. 

Laughable. Donald is as athletic as an edge rusher while having the power to put NFL OGs on skates when they're left one on one with him. We've seen him put 330+ pound OGs on their arses with his bull rush. There isn't a DL in this draft who has Donald's combination of power, explosion, quickness, and flexibility.

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

Not giving my opinion, but it's certainly up for debate. Similar players no doubt.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about Quinnen, not Oliver. Oliver doesn't have Donald's power. 

Just now, jrry32 said:

I'm pretty sure he's talking about Quinnen, not Oliver. Oliver doesn't have Donald's power. 

I'm personally taking Oliver 100% over Quinnen. And they are much more comparable players.

Donald's technical skills are more impressive to me than his speed and power. Would be surprised if any DT gets close to him in terms of hand usage, manipulation etc. Not saying they're not also good, it's just Donald is Donald

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm personally taking Oliver 100% over Quinnen. And they are much more comparable players.

Oliver and Donald? Nah. I have fought for Oliver, but people aren't comparing him to Donald for good reason. Donald is so impossible to stop one on one for a number of reasons, but the biggest is that you can't take away his strength. If you try to take away his quickness, he bulls you back into the QB's lap. If you try to take away his power, he explodes right by you. It's why teams had to double him last year to have any chance at stopping him (and he still had success beating double teams).

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Donald's technical skills are more impressive to me than his speed and power. Would be surprised if any DT gets close to him in terms of hand usage, manipulation etc. Not saying they're not also good, it's just Donald is Donald

It's all incredibly impressive haha. He's basically maxed himself out in all respects. Not many DLs can say that. It's why him and J.J. Watt are in a class all by themselves over the past decade.

Archived