NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

I think it's just more that none of the QBs are particularly desirable early in the draft this year.

I feel like you can talk yourself into "oh, the QBs aren't good this year; we can take another position" any year.  Nonetheless, it is still the most important position in football.

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like you can talk yourself into "oh, the QBs aren't good this year; we can take another position" any year.  Nonetheless, it is still the most important position in football.

I think it holds true this year more than any. If you're all aboard the Kyler Murray train, then sure he's 1 good QB, otherwise? There really doesn't seem to be any good options in the 1st round. Giants will probably snag Rosen or someone who falls to 38

15 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I fully expect Green Bay to both move back from 12 and up from 30.

I like them trading 30 either way especially since teams value that 5th year alot so a trade down could net them a solid return but having 12 could be huge for them to add a valuable asset on defense or the OL that most years they wouldn’t be able to acquire. I feel like their depth isn’t bad so acquiring a ton of picks doesn’t help but so much although to your point pairing a down/up trade from 12/30 could essentially net them high teens 1sts without adding/losing other picks

26 minutes ago, Danger said:

I think it holds true this year more than any. If you're all aboard the Kyler Murray train, then sure he's 1 good QB, otherwise? There really doesn't seem to be any good options in the 1st round. Giants will probably snag Rosen or someone who falls to 38

Is Rosen even #2 in this class or is it he’ll cost less than the #2-4 options in this draft. 

Either way QB is definitely weak but some GMs are desperate to find someone or else they are gone. 

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is Rosen even #2 in this class or is it he’ll cost less than the #2-4 options in this draft. 

Either way QB is definitely weak but some GMs are desperate to find someone or else they are gone. 

Rosen is good value relative to options #2-4, he's probably comparable but costs less.

16 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Rumors that Dorsey wants to move up. If I had to place money on it, it’d be New England. We always trade with them lol

I think Indianapolis moves down with someone. Having an early 2nd rounder makes them more willing to move down and pick up extra capital. 

16 minutes ago, Danger said:

Rosen is good value relative to options #2-4, he's probably comparable but costs less.

I mean, whoever gets Rosen doesn't really need to pay a premium on Haskins, Lock, or Jones.  But 3 teams can't all get Josh Rosen, and after those guys we're left with longshots and backup types.

16 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Rumors that Dorsey wants to move up. If I had to place money on it, it’d be New England. We always trade with them lol

Could be GB too, a few trades have been done in the last 2 years with your new regime. The Njoku pick and Randall/Kizer

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

I think it's happening. Cards were just doing their due diligence with Bosa and seeing what type of value Rosen had league wide, and now that they have, they are going to do what they always planned on doing- take Murray and trade Rosen.

Just now, BucShot said:

I think it's happening. Cards were just doing their due diligence with Bosa and seeing what type of value Rosen had league wide, and now that they have, they are going to do what they always planned on doing- take Murray and trade Rosen.

i bet you they already have a trade in place for Rosen. But league wants them to wait till draft day.

9 hours ago, Tugboat said:

This is an interesting question.  It really feels like so much of the "Kyler to top of the draft" hype is being generated by connecting dots with Kingsbury and assuming he's just going to go #1.  But if it all this smoke turns about to be just that...smoke...who is the next team that's really in love with Kyler Murray as such an oddball QB prospect?  Or does the Baker/Mahomes effect take full hold and the reaching for a "dynamic" dual-threat QB drives his market up into the Top-5 or so anyway?

I'd say you'd have to look at traditional versus non-traditional structure in a front office.  The more traditionalists (or, for the most part, the "old guys") love just about every aspect of Kyler's game... except his height and they constantly harp on his height (I swear if I have to listen to Michael Lombardi whinge about this any more...).  That speaks to approach, but then you're also going to need a GM who feels he has enough job security (or legitimately falls in love with the kid) to tie himself to him.

Bruce Allen could well be that arrogant (this isn't a dig at Kyler so much as Allen) and he may have reason to be, at least, that confident because Dan Snyder keeps giving him rope.  So the Redskins could definitely be a candidate (even if there will be some lazy comparisons to RG3).

I don't want to go into Mike Brown's head.  It's possible, I don't know how possible.  I don't think Mike Brown knows how possible.

Elway might stumble into making the right decision and drafting him, but thus far Elway has shown he can't evaluate the position he played to save his life.  Which leads me to believe he's more of a traditionalist (he's, for lack of a better expression, trying to find his clone).

I won't rule out Gruden... or Mayock, even though I believe Mayock is a height-fetishist, he's also an arm-strength fetishist.  Gruden has the job security and Mayock should, in turn, have similar strata.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

I'd say you'd have to look at traditional versus non-traditional structure in a front office.  The more traditionalists (or, for the most part, the "old guys") love just about every aspect of Kyler's game... except his height and they constantly harp on his height (I swear if I have to listen to Michael Lombardi whinge about this any more...).  That speaks to approach, but then you're also going to need a GM who feels he has enough job security (or legitimately falls in love with the kid) to tie himself to him.

Bruce Allen could well be that arrogant (this isn't a dig at Kyler so much as Allen) and he may have reason to be, at least, that confident because Dan Snyder keeps giving him rope.  So the Redskins could definitely be a candidate (even if there will be some lazy comparisons to RG3).

I don't want to go into Mike Brown's head.  It's possible, I don't know how possible.  I don't think Mike Brown knows how possible.

Elway might stumble into making the right decision and drafting him, but thus far Elway has shown he can't evaluate the position he played to save his life.  Which leads me to believe he's more of a traditionalist (he's, for lack of a better expression, trying to find his clone).

I won't rule out Gruden... or Mayock, even though I believe Mayock is a height-fetishist, he's also an arm-strength fetishist.  Gruden has the job security and Mayock should, in turn, have similar strata.

Gruden has always liked smaller QBs, I have no doubt he has a major boner for Murray.

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

(I swear if I have to listen to Michael Lombardi whinge about this any more...)

Imagine him as your GM. I'd like to specifically thank him/his evaluation process for getting us Barkevious Mingo (and ZERO other guys currently in the NFL from the 2013 draft class). The best part is, despite that (and his LAUGHABLE tenure in Oakland), this guy still has a job as an "EXPERT".

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Feel like that's backwards. Would think we'd move UP from 12 and then try to recoup some of that value by moving back from 30.

Disagree.  Unless we're talking about a minor move up the board (think moving up to 8/9/10), I don't think the Packers move up.

Archived