NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

Darrell Henderson visited the Texans today. He'd be a nice rotational back alongside Lamar Miller and D'Onta Foreman, probably start eating into Miller's snaps if Foreman proves to be over his ankle injury from two seasons ago.

41 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Darrell Henderson visited the Texans today. He'd be a nice rotational back alongside Lamar Miller and D'Onta Foreman, probably start eating into Miller's snaps if Foreman proves to be over his ankle injury from two seasons ago.

You stay away from Henderson.

5 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I fully expect Green Bay to both move back from 12 and up from 30.

Feel like that's backwards. Would think we'd move UP from 12 and then try to recoup some of that value by moving back from 30.

On 07/04/2019 at 12:55 AM, goldfishwars said:

Hey look guys, an actual rumor in the rumor thread 

This is starting to remind me a bit of the Bortles/Bridgewater draft.  After the combine, Bortles just sorta on this meteoric rise, while we started to hear more and more rumors that teams weren't nearly as high on Teddy as fans/media had been.

All this buzz about Jones and Lock being liked more than Haskins in various NFL circles...

13 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Lets say the cards don’t draft Murray, how far can he potentially fall in the draft?

This is an interesting question.  It really feels like so much of the "Kyler to top of the draft" hype is being generated by connecting dots with Kingsbury and assuming he's just going to go #1.  But if it all this smoke turns about to be just that...smoke...who is the next team that's really in love with Kyler Murray as such an oddball QB prospect?  Or does the Baker/Mahomes effect take full hold and the reaching for a "dynamic" dual-threat QB drives his market up into the Top-5 or so anyway?

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Rumors that Dorsey wants to move up. If I had to place money on it, it’d be New England. We always trade with them lol

That wouldn't surprise me one bit.  I can see why the Browns might be inclined to try to move up back into the 1st round.  Looks like they're really gunning up to take a run in the next couple years while they've still got their "franchise QB" on his Rookie Deal value.  That seems to be the formula now.  Moving up to grab a "1st round value" they think can step in immediately and make an impact, might be worth some sacrificed future value to them.

And the Pats always seem happy to indulge those sort of impulses while collecting even more future capital.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

That'd be an interesting fit for Henderson.  He actually kinda reminds me a little bit of Lamar Miller coming out.  He'd be good in that same sort of system.

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

This is starting to remind me a bit of the Bortles/Bridgewater draft.  After the combine, Bortles just sorta on this meteoric rise, while we started to hear more and more rumors that teams weren't nearly as high on Teddy as fans/media had been.

All this buzz about Jones and Lock being liked more than Haskins in various NFL circles...

This is an interesting question.  It really feels like so much of the "Kyler to top of the draft" hype is being generated by connecting dots with Kingsbury and assuming he's just going to go #1.  But if it all this smoke turns about to be just that...smoke...who is the next team that's really in love with Kyler Murray as such an oddball QB prospect?  Or does the Baker/Mahomes effect take full hold and the reaching for a "dynamic" dual-threat QB drives his market up into the Top-5 or so anyway?

That wouldn't surprise me one bit.  I can see why the Browns might be inclined to try to move up back into the 1st round.  Looks like they're really gunning up to take a run in the next couple years while they've still got their "franchise QB" on his Rookie Deal value.  That seems to be the formula now.  Moving up to grab a "1st round value" they think can step in immediately and make an impact, might be worth some sacrificed future value to them.

And the Pats always seem happy to indulge those sort of impulses while collecting even more future capital.

Murray is an elite QB prospect, a slight tier above the rest in this draft. Don't over think it

14 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like Oliver is more John Randle than Aaron Donald.  I think people are hesitant to make the comparison either because they don't remember Randle or feel it's gauche to compare people to Hall of Famers.  IMO, Donald is better than Randle was, but again... Randle is in the HOF.

He's so John Randle. and yes Donald is better than Randle

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

Man, Texans haven't had a playmaker like Henderson at running back since Foster. Would be a great pick up. 

On 4/7/2019 at 2:55 AM, goldfishwars said:

Hey look guys, an actual rumor in the rumor thread 

I always LOL when guys fall in the draft without playing another down in college, especially when they perform well at the combine/pro day workouts. I'll also ruthlessly make fun of anyone that actually takes Drew Lock in the first round. I think that he's a POOR MAN'S Jay Cutler. He's awful IMO.

Archived