NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

Why do you take offense to the comparisons being made? Clearly no two players are identical, but Aaron Donald is the closest thing to how Ed Oliver would figure into the NFL picture. Whether or not he's purely as effective as Aaron Donald I'm not even going to try to argue. I don't think anyone's suggesting that at this point in time.

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

Why do you take offense to the comparisons being made? Clearly no two players are identical, but Aaron Donald is the closest thing to how Ed Oliver would figure into the NFL picture. Whether or not he's purely as effective as Aaron Donald I'm not even going to try to argue. I don't think anyone's suggesting that at this point in time.

I didn't realize that talking about the differences between a draft prospect and a NFL player is taking offense. That is why this message board exists. I think there are some potentially better comparisons for Oliver. Lance Zierlein compared him to Michael Dean Perry. That was a very interesting one to me. One could also point to guys like La'Roi Glover, Rod Coleman, and Mike Daniels.

16 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

At least from an athletic standpoint, Oliver and Donald are about as close as it gets similar build, explosion, and strength numbers. Both are absolute freaks at DT. 

Yeah but one gets uprooted occasionally in the run game, whereas Donald is too technically good to ensure that doesn't happen to him. In terms of this class, Aaron Donald is like Oliver's athletic upside, combined with Quinnen's rush plan and advanced hand usage. 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I didn't realize that talking about the differences between a draft prospect and a NFL player is taking offense. That is why this message board exists. I think there are some potentially better comparisons for Oliver. Lance Zierlein compared him to Michael Dean Perry. That was a very interesting one to me. One could also point to guys like La'Roi Glover, Rod Coleman, and Mike Daniels.

My original comparison and one I'm still sticking too.

I feel like Oliver is more John Randle than Aaron Donald.  I think people are hesitant to make the comparison either because they don't remember Randle or feel it's gauche to compare people to Hall of Famers.  IMO, Donald is better than Randle was, but again... Randle is in the HOF.

I'm not in the Oliver is Donald discussion right now, but as far as athleticism goes, Oliver IS comparable to Donald. Donald has more functional strength and better technique by far, which I think we can all agree on. Donald had a faster 40, 10 yards split, and higher bench press. Oliver was very close in some of those measurements and had better broad/vertical.

Now back to some rumors:

Nkeal Harry just posted himself in the Bills facility on Instagram. Think meeting/workout went well. I think 10 is too high for him; potential Bills trade down, trade up from two, or they could just be targeting him in the second if he falls to them (which is a good spot for him). Not saying they're gunning for him, but I like the fit. He provides a big, physical presence that they're currently lacking in their upgraded and improved receiving room.

38 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Rumors that Dorsey wants to move up. If I had to place money on it, it’d be New England. We always trade with them lol

It's probably them or us (Rams).  I also, just a hunch, wouldn't look past the second 1st that Green Bay got from the Saints this year either.

43 minutes ago, The LBC said:

It's probably them or us (Rams).  I also, just a hunch, wouldn't look past the second 1st that Green Bay got from the Saints this year either.

That’s how I feel too. My New England pick is based purely on history. We’ve always done some kind of trade with them.

Dorsey showed us last year that if he likes somebody he will do what he can to get him. Even if it means drafting him higher than projected.

23 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Thank you for letting me know I’m wasting my time discussing this with you. 

Everyone has their own opinion. You are not omniscient. 

Everybody having opinions doesn't make your opinion less bad. Quinnen is a better physical specimen than Aaron Donald? C'mon, man, what were you expecting? It's a bad take.

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

Green Bay is always in play for obvious reasons, but given all that has transpired this offseason will Gute feel comfortable kicking his pick into the future?  Because when the Browns first pick comes up at 49, they can probably get a better offer from a team picking within the first 10 picks of the beginning of the 2nd round.  Their 2nd, 3rd, and a 5th round pick is "fair" value for that Saints' pick, but the difference between 30 and 49 will likely be pretty substantial.  If I'm Gute, the Lamar Jackson trade would be the bare minimum for me to even consider moving that far back.

Archived