NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

I think the dream is: both the tight ends are there, so you swap 12 for 32 and a whole bunch of day 2 picks.

You think they're going to move from 12 to 32?  I'd put like a 1% chance of that happening.

Today, on the Nkeal Harry Watch:

Nkeal has mentioned to a source that he would enjoy playing in Arizona and would love to play with Kirk and Fitzgerald, per Doug Metcaffe (an ASU beat writer). 

He also recently posted some pictures of the Eagles Locker Room on social media.

Let's look at both of these fits:

With the Cardinals, he would add some nice size to their receiving group and would be training behind one of the greatest big receivers of all time. Fitzgerald never was an elite burner, and since 2013 or so, hasn't had speed on his side at all, really. He's made up for it with route-running, size, and physicality to remain a pretty darn good receiver with several elite years in that span. He would be a great mentor to Harry based upon similarities in their games, some potential speed challenges Harry may face, Fitz's ability to adjust his game as he's aged, and Fitz's locker room presence. Cards fans and media would eat up Nkeal much like they have with Christian Kirk, who grew up in AZ. Personally, I love the fit, except I really would rather that Harry isn't playing the Rams twice a year with the questions in our secondary in the near future.

As far as Philly goes, I think he would be a decent fit, but nothing jumps out to me about this potential acquisition. Alshon Jeffrey has been competent, but really hasn't gotten back to his pre-2016 form. Nelson Agholor is inconsistent, and I don't think either of them would be great mentors to Harry. DeSean Jackson was recently acquired, so Harry probably wouldn't play a major role as a rookie. Now, the Eagles don't have great long-term future in their receiving room, and Harry could potentially be a number 1 on a team, assuming that his speed concerns are overblown like JuJu's were.

16 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Alshon Jeffrey has been competent, but really hasn't gotten back to his pre-2016 form.

Ask any Philly fan, and they'd tell you otherwise. Alshon is a game changer in our offense 100%.

As far as the Eagles taking Harry. I'd be ok with it at Pick 53. He has potential and is a similar player in my eyes to Jeffery.

57 minutes ago, Danger said:

Ask any Philly fan, and they'd tell you otherwise. Alshon is a game changer in our offense 100%.

As far as the Eagles taking Harry. I'd be ok with it at Pick 53. He has potential and is a similar player in my eyes to Jeffery.

I think Jeffrey's a good number 1, but he was arguably elite for a while during his tenure with Chicago. Still, you probably know much more than I do about the Eagles offense as a Philly fan. I like the Harry and Jeffey comp. I think Harry's ceiling is Larry Fitzgerald. I'm really high on him. Watching him play, I was reminded a lot of Fitzgerald's game against the Packers in the Divisional Round of the '15-'16 season playoffs.

3 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

I think Jeffrey's a good number 1, but he was arguably elite for a while during his tenure with Chicago. Still, you probably know much more than I do about the Eagles offense as a Philly fan. I like the Harry and Jeffey comp. I think Harry's ceiling is Larry Fitzgerald. I'm really high on him. Watching him play, I was reminded a lot of Fitzgerald's game against the Packers in the Divisional Round of the '15-'16 season playoffs.

Harry seems to be one of the few receivers in this class that everyone has near the top of their boards.  I don't think I've seen anyone who doesn't like him.

24 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Anyone else get the feeling that the Haskins slander is being laid on a little thick by a team who, quite transparently, wants him to fall to them?

Who knows?  I still think he's the best QB in the draft this year, but it's not a great QB class.  It really just makes me question reality if teams really do like Drew Lock or Daniel Jones over him.  Lock is inconsistent, and Jones really looks like he doesn't have much arm strength.  I really wanted to like Jones too.

3 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Harry is good, he is not Larry Fitzgerald good.  Fitzgerald coming out of Pitt was crazy elite as a RS SOPH.  The guy was a jump ball machine, just get it up there to him and he would get it.  So smooth, such a good route runner and obviously amazing hands.  Harry has good hands but not as good as Larry and does not run routes as good as Larry either and character wise it is hard to even come close to the person Larry Fitzgerald is.  So no I do not see them as similar players and no one is talking Harry as the #3 pick overall, Larry was 3rd overall and could have easily went #1 overall in 2004.

Larry Fitzgerald was probably top 5 college football prospects I have ever seen, I would not say the same thing about N'Keal Harry, I like him a lot but yeah he is not comparable to the talent Larry is and was coming out of college.

30 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Who's everybody's pick for "last in the Green Room"?  In previous years there were some obvious day 2 guys, but all these guys could go day 1 this year.

It's probably Baker, Fant, or Ford.

I'm gonna go with Jacobs

44 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Who's everybody's pick for "last in the Green Room"?  In previous years there were some obvious day 2 guys, but all these guys could go day 1 this year.

It's probably Baker, Fant, or Ford.

I wanna say Hollywood Brown, because of the injury and the fact it's kept him from really highlighting his speed throughout the pre-draft process.  But with the emphasis teams are putting on speed and "big play" ability these days, i could very easily be wrong on that.

9 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I wanna say Hollywood Brown, because of the injury and the fact it's kept him from really highlighting his speed throughout the pre-draft process.  But with the emphasis teams are putting on speed and "big play" ability these days, i could very easily be wrong on that.

I agree, I have him as more a very very early 2nd round pick.  Not sure he is worth the risk with that injury and being as small as a 1st rounder.  His lack of being able to show his big time speed in the pre draft process I agree is a problem as well and hurts his stock potentially.  Metcalf, Harry and AJ Brown are the 1st round WRs I feel.  And there is a good chance none are taken in the top 10, teams simply do not need big name WRs to build a team more often than not, and honestly none are a Julio Jones type anyways.  Sure Metcalf is impressive physically but has an bad injury history and is a suspect route runner and technician, PS Julio had a 6.66 3 cone which is amazing for his size, Metcalf obviously did not and that drill has a lot to do with change of direction, start and stop and thus route running.  If AJ Brown had Metcalf's speed then maybe one has something big time and worth a top 10 pick.  

Archived