NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

*Inconsistent against pressure (TCU and PSU weren't good for him until the 4th quarter)

I can't say for the TCU game, but the reason we flubbed that up didn't have much to do with Haskins but more that our defenders looked like rodeo clowns trying to tackle in open space against your receivers leading to a crap ton of YAC

19 hours ago, FloydFan said:

With that being said, Jones did not have a great supporting cast on the field. You can only do so much with Duke football.

That was my point.

Just curious, who has cutcliff developed? 

No a rumor, but I have to say, I just saw the footage of Charlie Casserly's most recent mock and the guy is so blatantly just wasting airtime.  It's like "Buzzword buzzword buzzword, why not?"  So help them if the Draft Day panel for NFLN isn't Eisen, Jeremiah, Bucky Brooks, and honestly I'd leave it at that, but if they want to throw Zierlein in there I won't complain.  If it's Casserly, I'm either watching ESPN (shoot me in the face now) or watching on mute.  And is it just me or is Casserly making a point to emphasize his regional accent way more than usual now?

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

No a rumor, but I have to say, I just saw the footage of Charlie Casserly's most recent mock and the guy is so blatantly just wasting airtime.  It's like "Buzzword buzzword buzzword, why not?"  So help them if the Draft Day panel for NFLN isn't Eisen, Jeremiah, Bucky Brooks, and honestly I'd leave it at that, but if they want to throw Zierlein in there I won't complain.  If it's Casserly, I'm either watching ESPN (shoot me in the face now) or watching on mute.  And is it just me or is Casserly making a point to emphasize his regional accent way more than usual now?

The NFL network's B team that stays in studio (which has included Lance for the last couple of years, I'm pretty sure), is actually my favorite draft coverage to watch. 

Just now, The LBC said:

Casserly is unbearable. They don't usually put on him on the panel thankfully but I'm still going to watch on ESPN because they got a pretty team with Louis Riddick and don't have Eisen who annoys me. 

4 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Casserly is unbearable. They don't usually put on him on the panel thankfully but I'm still going to watch on ESPN because they got a pretty team with Louis Riddick and don't have Eisen who annoys me. 

I don't mind Eisen.  What normally turns me off ESPN is that Mel and Todd (the later at least who is actually capable of reasonable insight and analysis) have developed too much of an affinity for playing up this contrived rivalry between them to the point where they spend more time talking about that than the actual picks and fits.

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

The NFL network's B team that stays in studio (which has included Lance for the last couple of years, I'm pretty sure), is actually my favorite draft coverage to watch. 

What do they air that on?  Is it on the stream off the website?

38 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Supposedly looking at OL, but won't reach for one at 18.  Some rumblings they could go TE at 18 (Fant possibly).

Given the Kubiak influence this would make sense.  It's an offense that always leaned on the TE and felt secure enough in the zone blocking scheme that it wasn't going to sink an early pick into an OL unless they were a superb fit for the scheme.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Both Mannings.

Both of them, a few other guys who have been drafted.  He also was OC/QB Coach for the Vols for the 98 championship. He's done just fine with Duke's program and turned them from being the laughing stock they were when he was hired. 

13 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Not a rumor but what do people think of Chris Simms draft analysis and rankings? I’m watching all of his stuff on YouTube right now.

His delivery is a little weird, I can't put my finger on it, but his content is really good from what I'm seeing.  He hits on some stuff that a majority of the TV talking heads simply don't (probably because the layman viewer isn't going to have a clue what they're talking about).  What I like is that he's not afraid to take a stance and not feel the need to hedge his bets.  If he's proven wrong, he's proven wrong, nothing wrong with that; not everyone is going to be right all the time.

Archived