NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

57 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Any news on the Colts? They're a team on the rise again but still have holes that need fixing. 

They may be waiting til after the draft to see where they still need help.  They're in a position where they can just take the best defensive player every round and come out on top, so that might be the plan.

If they counted as a sleeper team for the Super Bowl, they'd have my vote.

13 minutes ago, BowlesDawgDX said:

Don't know what to make of this:

A lot of the time if a team is really focused on a player they won't ever meet with him in order to disguise that intent.  I know Green Bay basically had no contact with Jaire Alexander last year before drafting him.

So it's mostly "no team is disguising their interest in someone else via Greedy Williams." 

11 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

get this on Reddit this guy named lionzion who posted on Reddit before KK got hired as head coach for the Cardinals that he has a family Connection inside the Cardinals organization that told him KK was a done deal originally. He just posted that Murray is a done deal to the Cardinals.

That’s a different poster but this guy was the first one regarding KK on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/user/MrChipKelly

11 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

get this on Reddit this guy named lionzion who posted on Reddit before KK got hired as head coach for the Cardinals that he has a family Connection inside the Cardinals organization that told him KK was a done deal originally. He just posted that Murray is a done deal to the Cardinals.

Done deal? I wonder how the Chiefs fans like Landon Collins.

On 4/11/2019 at 11:29 AM, EL Guapo said:

This is Dave Te on Haskins

While he could end up doing an Aaron Rodgers like fall on draft day, a few obvious things say it could be opposite. Miami is in pursuit of a QB & they like the kid, but both them & Washington are in the thought process they might have to trade up to get him or Lock. Miami has a pretty intense offer if the Jets are willing to move, which all indications say is likely.
as for Haskins at 6 or 17, I do not make guarantees, but for the reports I have to provide the team on draft day, Haskins never came up in the talks.

Given how much we've heard that the Dolphins are looking to '20 for their QBOTF, his smells like a smokescreen.  Plus, New York probably does't want to deal with Miami.  Haskins seems to be going to either Jacksonville at 7 or Cincinnati at 11.

14 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

The Dolphins and Jets won't be trading with each other. The Lions are a more likely trade back candidate for the Dolphins.

The Dolphins and bills won't be trading with each other either.

I say this about all divisional rivals.

There's been rumblings that Atlanta and Detroit have a trade in place IF a player falls.  Presumably Ed Oliver.

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

9ers had very little to no contact last year with Mike McGlinchey. Was not prepared for that pick. Really like the guy, though.

Maybe @Forge remembers, but I could have sworn there was rumblings suggesting McGlinchey to the Niners a few days before the draft.

4 hours ago, BucShot said:

Honestly it's some of the best stuff out there. The guy clearly knows his ****, and is forming his own opinions. Nothing grinds my gears more than "rankings" that are essentially just regurgitated. 

Never understood the infatuation with "creative" rankings.  It's not like you get some award for it, and it's not like you're more likely to have success.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Maybe @Forge remembers, but I could have sworn there was rumblings suggesting McGlinchey to the Niners a few days before the draft.

There definitely was. I was pissed. Peter King was the first, I think that was like the week before. A few days before the draft, the beat writers picked up on it too

Archived