NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

Just now, The LBC said:

His delivery is a little weird, I can't put my finger on it, but his content is really good from what I'm seeing.  He hits on some stuff that a majority of the TV talking heads simply don't (probably because the layman viewer isn't going to have a clue what they're talking about).  What I like is that he's not afraid to take a stance and not feel the need to hedge his bets.  If he's proven wrong, he's proven wrong, nothing wrong with that; not everyone is going to be right all the time.

Yeah I like what he is putting out there

12 hours ago, EL Guapo said:

This is Dave Te on Haskins

While he could end up doing an Aaron Rodgers like fall on draft day, a few obvious things say it could be opposite. Miami is in pursuit of a QB & they like the kid, but both them & Washington are in the thought process they might have to trade up to get him or Lock. Miami has a pretty intense offer if the Jets are willing to move, which all indications say is likely.
as for Haskins at 6 or 17, I do not make guarantees, but for the reports I have to provide the team on draft day, Haskins never came up in the talks.

The Dolphins and Jets won't be trading with each other. The Lions are a more likely trade back candidate for the Dolphins.

The Dolphins and bills won't be trading with each other either.

I say this about all divisional rivals.

get this on Reddit this guy named lionzion who posted on Reddit before KK got hired as head coach for the Cardinals that he has a family Connection inside the Cardinals organization that told him KK was a done deal originally. He just posted that Murray is a done deal to the Cardinals.

6 hours ago, The LBC said:

No a rumor, but I have to say, I just saw the footage of Charlie Casserly's most recent mock and the guy is so blatantly just wasting airtime.  It's like "Buzzword buzzword buzzword, why not?"  So help them if the Draft Day panel for NFLN isn't Eisen, Jeremiah, Bucky Brooks, and honestly I'd leave it at that, but if they want to throw Zierlein in there I won't complain.  If it's Casserly, I'm either watching ESPN (shoot me in the face now) or watching on mute.  And is it just me or is Casserly making a point to emphasize his regional accent way more than usual now?

NFLN's pre-draft stuff has been really tough to watch/listen to this year in general i've found.  Not even just Casserly seeming even more senile than ever.  Feels like pretty much the entire void of Mayock leaving, has been filled by more Bucky, and it's getting awfully tired well before the draft.  Not only is his voice grating, it feels like his content is just endlessly repetitive and superficial.

I mean, it's obviously a tough spot they've been thrown into with Mayock leaving like that, and huge shoes to fill.  But man...i am not looking forward to NFLN's coverage of the later rounds this year.  Think it's gonna probably gonna be pretty terrible.  DJ can't carry that by himself.

For the first round, i tend to prefer the ESPN coverage anyway...not for the depth of analysis or anything, but just for how much more entertaining a spectacle it's presented as.  Plus just a change of pace from the flood of NFLN talking heads throughout the process.

4 hours ago, The LBC said:

His delivery is a little weird, I can't put my finger on it, but his content is really good from what I'm seeing.

It sounds like his tongue is always just about to slip down his throat, and he's trying to use saliva to buoy it back up. 

Other than that, he's certainly been a fresh entry into the draft pundit arena. I disagree with a fair amount of his takes, but he shows his work on them and you know he isn't just trying to drive clicks/controversy. Analyzing prospects is such a volatile process, no one can claim to have "perfected" the craft or be 100% right. So you can't be in a rush to shut out opinions different from your own, as long as they come from a genuine place. 

It's interesting seeing Burmeister again too, an old NFLN draft coverage staple. I can see NBC Sports pushing Simms into a "Mayock/Kiper/Jeremiah" role for them going forward. 

2 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

get this on Reddit this guy named lionzion who posted on Reddit before KK got hired as head coach for the Cardinals that he has a family Connection inside the Cardinals organization that told him KK was a done deal originally. He just posted that Murray is a done deal to the Cardinals.

Hot take...

:P

Rosen to Skins then.

5 hours ago, N4L said:

So why the hell is he coaching at Duke then? Lol that has to be an unattractive job honestly

He had a stint as a head coach at Ole Miss, but got fired, eventually, and then went over to Duke.  He seems to value the stability of the job there.  UT has tried to hire him back (he was there for 16 years) like twice, but he's turned it down both times.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

He had a stint as a head coach at Ole Miss, but got fired, eventually, and then went over to Duke.  He seems to value the stability of the job there.  UT has tried to hire him back (he was there for 16 years) like twice, but he's turned it down both times.

Also, he doesn't have nearly the pressure/stress he would have elsewhere. Going on your stability point, if he gets 6+ wins (maybe even 5?), he's going to keep his job. Perhaps he likes the challenge as well?

12 hours ago, Counselor said:

Not a rumor but what do people think of Chris Simms draft analysis and rankings? I’m watching all of his stuff on YouTube right now.

Honestly it's some of the best stuff out there. The guy clearly knows his ****, and is forming his own opinions. Nothing grinds my gears more than "rankings" that are essentially just regurgitated. 

Here is an article from January 26th 2018 stating that baker could possibly be drafted #1 overall by the browns 

https://sports.yahoo.com/4-reasons-qb-baker-mayfield-play-browns-no-1-draft-pick-225648068.html

So yeah, all those people who quoted me earlier in the thread saying the baker rumors didn't start until a few days before the draft are flat out wrong. The rumor was there since the senior bowl  

My point was, there are legitimate rumors out there 

Archived