Antonio Brown officially asks for trade - Bills trade falls through

RaidersAreOne

32 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Besides the ridiculous claims that Bell and Brown are poor little victims, what other stars have the Steelers mistreated?    Im really interested in hearing your response.

Stood by Bell after his moronic decisions and offered him a fair deal.   He overrated his value and now he will be lucky to get the deal the Steelers offered him.   Had Bell never gotten in trouble....twice....he probably wouldve got a deal 2 years ago.    Just because the Steelers didnt want to overpay for a guy with red flags doesnt mean they treated him poorly?

What the hell did they do to Brown?  He has become more and more of a diva the last 3 years, and it came to a head this year because Ben wasnt forcing him the ball enough.   How the hell is that not Brown's fault?   Dont get me wrong, there may be some stuff that set him off, but to act like he blameless in all this is beyond laughable.

Sounds like a hater post, TBH.     Also, not sure a Raiders fan should be making fun of how dysfunctional other organizations supposedly are....especially when that organization is far more successful than your own, despite supposedly having the most overrated coach in the league (which Im not sure how that is considering how many people constantly hate on him). 

I feel like the steelers are getting the shaft here.

And to your second point, considering that we had one winning season in 6 years under Mckenzie, I'm fine with people hating on Gruden, but I'm pleased he's willing to try something radical rather than simply accept yearly mediocrity.

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I feel like the steelers are getting the shaft here.

And to your second point, considering that we had one winning season in 6 years under Mckenzie, I'm fine with people hating on Gruden, but I'm pleased he's willing to try something radical rather than simply accept yearly mediocrity.

Wasnt trying to hate on the Raiders man....just saying its kind of silly to ridicule our dysfunction the way he did consider his team.     Not saying he isnt allowed to point out we are dysfunctional, but his post just came across as hateful towards the Steelers.

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Guess no coaches who ever had good players should ever get any credit for their teams success.

NFL Gen is just downright embarrassing sometimes.  

So is the assumption without  that Trio, Tomlin would be anything more then average.

We'll find out here shortly,  especially when Ben retires.

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Pretty sure a lot of that record was because  of the Trio of Ben, AB and Bell. If Miami  had all 3 the past 5-10 season, we wouldn't  be talking about Tomlin either and the Dolphins wouldn't  be searching yet again for their next HC / FQB.

Context for Tomlin.

Tomlin was winning far before Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell was a member of the Steelers. Good coaches develop good players. And the Steelers have consistently taken non-first-round players and turned them into fantastic skill players, much like Brown, Bell, Mike Wallace, Martavis Bryant, Santonio Holmes, and now James Conner & Smith-Schuster. At some point, you have to give credit to the coach.

Did he have Big Ben his entire coaching career there? Sure. But Belichick has pretty much always had Tom Brady, a far better player. Does that discredit Belichick?

You can pretty much rule out the Jets from the sweepstakes. With a "pending" domestic violence case... there's no way we target him. Our GM and his wife's best friends had a a domestic incident and are very outward how they are against domestic violence. So don't expect them to target him.

11 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

Russell Wilson 2 Brown would be fun to watch. 

As much as I'd theoretically love to see that, there is really no need to even try and bring Brown to Seattle when we are very clearly a run first team under Pete.

So, when even Wilson, an elite QB doesn't get as much plays called as he probably should, it's almost impossible to see a happy Antonio Brown in our uniform.

But, would I, for the sake of all those potential crazy plays between those two, love to see AB in Seattle? Definitely.

16 hours ago, N4L said:

Right, because that is conducive to a winning atmosphere in the locker room. So you are suggesting the steelers:

1)hold onto a player who is upset, out of spite/not getting adequate return for losing a top 3 WR in the NFL

2)Having him throw a fit and get suspended

3)Lowering his trade value even more, still losing a top 3 WR in the NFL, AND still paying him 11 million dollars? 

I know that the cap consequences aren't that different if he is or isn't on the team, but his base salary is still ACTUAL MONEY the steelers need to pay. Its 11 million dollars out of the pockets of the owners... nothing to sneeze at

Ill ask again, did the steelers learn nothing from leveon's holdout? sometimes its just better to move on

LOL

It doesn't have to be out of spite. In my opinion, you take the risk that someone may want him later in the year if you are only getting 3rd round offers or worse. Why would you take cents on the dollar just because teams think you are out of options. Brown can throw all of the fits he wants away from the team if he wants to make things difficult.

The other factor here is that giving into a player's demands like this would potentially open the gates for other players to say "well, it worked for AB."

In the end, Brown pouting and being annoying on social media during the season isn't all that bad. If teams think they have you bent over a barrel, you wait it out and make them bring up the offers.

Even if you don't have a major bidding war, that doesn't mean that the Steelers can't create more value in the trade by keeping the option open of forcing Brown to stay on the team.

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So is the assumption without  that Trio, Tomlin would be anything more then average.

We'll find out here shortly,  especially when Ben retires.

I'm not even saying Tomlin is a great coach....I just think your logic is laughable that Tomlin should be discredited because he has had success with good players. 

It's almost as if better players lead to better results.  Que?!?!

10 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Sounds like a hater post, TBH.     Also, not sure a Raiders fan should be making fun of how dysfunctional other organizations supposedly are....especially when that organization is far more successful than your own, despite supposedly having the most overrated coach in the league (which Im not sure how that is considering how many people constantly hate on him). 

Also a hater post, fwiw.

I think the team that makes the most sense is the 49ers. 

Wildcard teams being the Raiders and Colts. Both teams need a WR and have shown in their past they will definitey give up a 1st for an impactful player. 

49ers don’t have the ammo though. Raiders and Colts have a late 1st they can surrender. 

13 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Besides the ridiculous claims that Bell and Brown are poor little victims, what other stars have the Steelers mistreated?    Im really interested in hearing your response.

Stood by Bell after his moronic decisions and offered him a fair deal.   He overrated his value and now he will be lucky to get the deal the Steelers offered him.   Had Bell never gotten in trouble....twice....he probably wouldve got a deal 2 years ago.    Just because the Steelers didnt want to overpay for a guy with red flags doesnt mean they treated him poorly?

What the hell did they do to Brown?  He has become more and more of a diva the last 3 years, and it came to a head this year because Ben wasnt forcing him the ball enough.   How the hell is that not Brown's fault?   Dont get me wrong, there may be some stuff that set him off, but to act like he blameless in all this is beyond laughable.

I think he’s more referring to the past 15 years. And don’t get me wrong I think the Steelers have done a good job with their contracts but they have a history of letting high prices vets go. I guess he’s interpreting that as being mistreated. 

Archived