BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

4 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Is there any other proposals than those two right now? @PR @SirA1 I kind remember you giving some formal proposals for schedule

Mine is similar to Rags with one tweak.

Start Week P3 end Week 16. Still have Thanksgiving off and avoids week 17 crapfest.

14 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Bizz Bowl will happen between week 16 and week 17, at a date agreed by both participants, and votes will be open for 5 days.

Bizz Bowl player availability will be decided with week 15 NFL availability. If a player is out for the semi, he's out for the final.

1) if we do a 12 week regular season the playoffs can be week 15 and 16 avoiding week 17 all together.

2) this eliminates the need for a special injury rule

13 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Mine was 12 week start P4 so that way the season is before Thanksgiving (Wk 12) and you don't have an odd final week of the regular season after the bye.

That being said I think the details can be worked out later similar to how we broke down the Draft topics.

Let's start with 12 vs 14 games.

I will go with Prop 36 for 12 games as well. trying new things isn't a bad thing even though nothing new has really been chosen so far this owners meeting.

You don't need to start at P4?

Weeks 1-11 (11 games)

Week 12 Thanksgiving bye week

Week 13 (Final game of regular season, 12 total)

Weeks 14, 15, and 16 are playoffs

F week 17

Topic: 11a. Reduce size of regular season

Idea submitter: Mike

Current situation: Currently we have a regular season of 14 games with 3 playoffs weeks, going from NFL week 1 to week 17. Teams face their division opponent twice and teams from 2 other divisions (6 + 4 + 4 = 14)

Detailed idea 

1. Reduce to 12 games, start in preseason week 4 (no w17, no Thanksgiving, no Christmas)

2. Reduce to 12 games, start week 1 (no thanksgiving, no w17)

3. Stick with 14 games, start in preseason week 4 (no Thanksgiving)

4. Stick with 14 games start in preseason week 3 (no Thanksgiving no w17)

5. No change

Argument for : Would avoid all week 17 controversies (players who are helthy scratches ...), and would allow by weeks for Thanksgiving and Christmas

Applicable on: 2019

Prop 1 (0) -

Prop 2 (8) - Ted, hockey, pheltz, SirA, Whicker, PR, Xmad, BDP

Prop 3 (6) - Rags, Lukic, Counselor, Ruskie, bcb, wwhicock

Prop 4 (0) -

Prop 5 (2) - Jlash, MD4L

@Jlash @pheltzbahr @Counselor @PR @WFLukic @Whicker @wwhickok @BringinDaPain @Hockey5djh @MD4L @RuskieTitan @SirA1 @SwoleXmad @bcb1213 @Ragnarok

Time to vote

Archived