BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

10 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

This one should be less controversial.

Only downside I see is the waivers schedule as submissions have to be made by Wed. night. Maybe we can push it a bit since bcb always does it on Thursdays anyway. What do you think @bcb1213

If BCB is willing to move waivers admissions back to Thursday, I am a yes on this change

Edit: my explanation for being a yes is somewhat selfish I admit but I'm starting a new job where I work Monday through Friday every week off Saturday Sunday. This allows me a little wiggle room in case I'm not available at specific and certain times actually little bit of time allows me to make sure that at some point I can sit down and make time for voting.

21 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

This one should be less controversial.

Only downside I see is the waivers schedule as submissions have to be made by Wed. night. Maybe we can push it a bit since bcb always does it on Thursdays anyway. What do you think @bcb1213

I don't see how voting effects waiver submission time tbh.  

Just now, bcb1213 said:

I don't see how voting effects waiver submission time tbh.  

you won't have the standings on Wednesday night but on Thursday. Which I don't think is a big issue but you're the one who runs it so you know better than I do

2 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

you won't have the standings on Wednesday night but on Thursday. Which I don't think is a big issue but you're the one who runs it so you know better than I do

Well I don't do it til Thursday mornings anyhow so carry on 

I don't get the push to move voting back again after just doing it 2 years ago from Tuesday 11:59pm to Wed Noon for pretty much the same reasons.

We had a 24 hour voting window after MNF for 5 years with little or no issues.

3 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I don't get the push to move voting back again after just doing it 2 years ago from Tuesday 11:59pm to Wed Noon for pretty much the same reasons.

We had a 24 hour voting window after MNF for 5 years with little or no issues.

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

No matter what the deadline is, people are going to do it last minute. 

While I understand both of your points, I don't see the downside either.

For the rare cases where someone is busy on Tuesday IRL, he has a second chance to vote Wednesday. Not of all of us can vote during work hours, so giving 2 nights seems fair to me.

Doesn't really affects me because I have basically 2 days to do it with the different timezone, but someone like Ruskie I know had issues for that reason.

If no downside, I'd rather help out a couple of people who need those 2 full days

7 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

While I understand both of your points, I don't see the downside either.

For the rare cases where someone is busy on Tuesday IRL, he has a second chance to vote Wednesday. Not of all of us can vote during work hours, so giving 2 nights seems fair to me.

Doesn't really affects me because I have basically 2 days to do it with the different timezone, but someone like Ruskie I know had issues for that reason.

If no downside, I'd rather help out a couple of people who need those 2 full days

Someone also doesn't have to wait until the end of the Monday night games to vote. 

I'm for this. Monday is a wash for voting typically because I'm waiting for MNF. I work Tuesday so only have that one night and that ends my ability to get on to vote. I would love having two days available to vote 

4 hours ago, TedLavie said:

So if we eliminate prop 5 before prop 3, it's 9-7 prop 2 with Jlash and MD4L splitting votes

If we eliminate prop 3 before prop 5, it's 9-6 with Rags on prop 2, Counslor, bcb, Ruskie and wwhicock on no change, and Lukic not voting yet.

Can we all move on now?

As long as bcb is okay with this in regards to waiver wire, I'm all good for it.

Archived