Chiefs officially cut Justin Houston

RaidersAreOne

How the Falcons don't cut beasley keep that 12+ million and get Houston instead is beyond me.  He is a Georgia boy, a fan favorite, one of our biggest needs with a top tier talent player at it, and a favorite of our front office trench guy in Scott Pioli.

50 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Im just curious can someone tell me what KC is going to do for their outside rush if they let Houston go and trade Dee Ford?   are they betting on Kpassagon and Speaks as the starters with a draft pick or two?

It looks like it. Speaks was always starting this upcoming season. Kpassagnon no idea but if he is not gonna do anything this season you might as well call him a bust. A high draft pick would be a D end for sure if Ford is no longer there.

24 minutes ago, blizofoz45 said:

They wanted to trade him but nobody thought he was 15 mill.  If the rest of the league doesn't he think he's worth that and he doesn't want to renegotiate...

Or teams don't want to trade a pick AND pay 15 million for a guy who everyone knew was going to get cut 

The market will determine what he gets paid, and judging from this thread he will get phone calls from 20 teams in the league. 

There is some stupid cap space out there. The colts have 100 million to spend 

Decent player, when not injured. Correct move from the Chiefs, though. We need to rebuild the defense and hes a massive cap hit for a system hes not really suited to play in. Good player for us, but the right move for both parties. 

22 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Houston will get north of 15 million per year. Teams just waited for the release.

No way, teams would have given a 6th then just to not have a signing bonus, to eliminate the future downside. He is 30 years old. he missed 4 games last year and 11 games two years prior to that.   That does not get a 30 YO tweener 15mill. My guess is 3 and 32 with 17 guaranteed.   6 mill bonus,  8M fully first year. that gives him the same 14mill in new money he would have gotten had he stayed. the 3mill guaranteed the 2nd year on a ten mill contract.  Way to many def players in this draft to tie up 45 mill in a 30YO   

12 minutes ago, patman said:

No way, teams would have given a 6th then just to not have a signing bonus, to eliminate the future downside. He is 30 years old. he missed 4 games last year and 11 games two years prior to that.   That does not get a 30 YO tweener 15mill. My guess is 3 and 32 with 17 guaranteed.   6 mill bonus,  8M fully first year. that gives him the same 14mill in new money he would have gotten had he stayed. the 3mill guaranteed the 2nd year on a ten mill contract.  Way to many def players in this draft to tie up 45 mill in a 30YO   

I mean if Fowler is getting 14....

Archived