2019 NFL Free Agency - let the money flow like water!

SmittyBacall

22 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I know sacks are overrated but 17M for a 7 sack a year guy? Someone enlighten me on flowers. 

Agreed! I just don't see it. A lot of Lions fans want to get him but I can't get on board with that.

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

And that's why a number of GMs are fired each year.

You kidding? The Cardinals are much scarier with Kyler Murray than with Rosen.

Nope, not kidding at all. I think Murray is going to be an epic bust. Everything the media has been giving us in regard to Murray has been cringe-worthy. He may be talented, but what if the reports are true that he has poor work ethic, an oversized ego, doesn't understand x's and o's, etc. The Cardinals are a long way off from being scary and I really don't think Murray is going to be the one to take them over the top.   

9 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Nope, not kidding at all. I think Murray is going to be an epic bust. Everything the media has been giving us in regard to Murray has been cringe-worthy. He may be talented, but what if the reports are true that he has poor work ethic, an oversized ego, doesn't understand x's and o's, etc. The Cardinals are a long way off from being scary and I really don't think Murray is going to be the one to take them over the top.   

If the report was true, why would Arizona draft him at #1?

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If the report was true, why would Arizona draft him at #1?

I've been asking myself that very question for about a week now. I mean, we've all seen the interviews, we've all heard reports out of the combine that Murray's intangibles aren't great, but boy, he can sure sling it and run! I think people are trying to squint really hard to see a mashup of Russell Wilson and Baker Mayfield, but I just don't see it with Murray. 

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

I've been asking myself that very question for about a week now. I mean, we've all seen the interviews, we've all heard reports out of the combine that Murray's intangibles aren't great, but boy, he can sure sling it and run! I think people are trying to squint really hard to see a mashup of Russell Wilson and Baker Mayfield, but I just don't see it with Murray. 

Media interviews mean as much as that Gruden show (which is nothing). If the Cardinals draft him at #1, you'll have your answer. They're not drafting a 5'10" QB at #1 if he's a lazy bum who bombed his interview.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Media interviews mean as much as that Gruden show (which is nothing). If the Cardinals draft him at #1, you'll have your answer. They're not drafting a 5'10" QB at #1 if he's a lazy bum who bombed his interview.

I'm really hoping the Cardinals want him enough to take him at 1. That means the best player in the draft falls to the Niners.

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I know sacks are overrated but 17M for a 7 sack a year guy? Someone enlighten me on flowers. 

5 hours ago, BZski said:

Agreed! I just don't see it. A lot of Lions fans want to get him but I can't get on board with that.

Flowers is a very good defensive linemen. He can play in virtually any front, has a high motor, has been pretty healthy, is young, and gets a ton of pressures (I believe he was 2nd amongst edge rushers in 2018). He can rush from the edge and from the interior on passing downs. Very smart, very technical. 

Flowers isn’t an elite pass rusher, though. He likely never will be, even if he’s great at other things. For that, I’d be uncomfortable retaining him at $17M/year, which I think plenty of fans empathize with.