Suspended FA DT David Irving Quits NFL

LinderFournette

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And those jobs are a choice, just like being a professional athlete.  When someone quits those jobs, are they raked over the coals?

We know.

It’s not an insult to anyone.

If someone making a decision as to how they want to live their life (that has literally nothing to do with you) is insulting to you, maybe youre just a bit sensitive.

I'm sure people quitting those jobs aren't also on social media stoned and cursing out their former line of work. 

This guys's an idiot.  Not because he's picking marijuana over football but because he doesn't have the patience to wait.  Smoke all the blunt's you want, I wouldn't have trashed the NFL on my way out.  I don't think it's going to be long before the NFL trashes their current policy on weed (which is terrible).   His issue is bigger than Marijuana though.  His issue is with authority.  Whether it was the the multiple run ins with law enforcement that had him booted out of college or the recent domestic abuse allegations he's a a turd.  Marijuana that lead to his first suspension it was his use of PEDs.  

While he's surely a talented player, the NFL is probably better off without him.  

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

I'm sure people quitting those jobs aren't also on social media stoned and cursing out their former line of work. 

No, I’m sure there are no coal miners or fishermen who’ve ever smoked weed, made a fool of themselves, or talked out their arse.  

Good point.

People are acting like he didn't just save himself massive amounts of brain damage by quitting football. 

He stated in his livestream that multiple concussions did have alot of effect on him. Like causing car accidents and memory loss. 

5 hours ago, ianlewis16 said:

i hate this sort of negative take. give a guy a chance before you write him off as a complete criminal 

YOU ARE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS WORLD CALVERT28!

Bruh this thread is about David Irving, not Randy Gregory. Settle down. 

3 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

If you don't love football...what are you doing on this forum?! o.O

If the players don't love it...then why are they playing?! :S

Most people have bills to pay. Most people get jobs to get paid to pay said bills. Some people are athletic enough to be able to get a high paying job in a sport to pay their bills. Some of these people love what they do, just like regular folks who end up in a profession that they love. Other people hate their job, but due to pay or other factors, put up with it. This is also true with professional athletes, as they typically earn much higher salaries than the normal person.

If, at some point, they decide that they no longer want to work at their job, they are able to quit or retire, just like any other profession.

2 hours ago, ianlewis16 said:

Exactly. Thanks for proving my point. 

Lol hes had plenty of chances. Each and everytime he has flaunted his discontent at authority each when he didnt agree with the rules while playing the victim. Drama follows him around like a fly on crap, he should have been a 1dt rounder and would have been if not for all his off the field trouble. Instead he went undrafted and it continuously has followed him throughout his days with the Cowboys. You think a guy like that just up and leads a positive and productive life? No guys like this rarely do. Not only are they narcissistic, they go out of their way looking for drama. Case in point, the way he just quit. 

10 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I agree with this. But he also said in the same Instagram video that he hasn't made a million yet (which is kind of hard to believe, but who knows), so he's not financially set.

According to Over The Cap, he made $3.5 million over 4 years with the Cowboys, now how much of that he lost on suspensions could effect that total. 

https://overthecap.com/player/david-irving/4543/

also he had made some money from KC in 2015 before joining the Cowboys. 

On 3/7/2019 at 11:09 PM, BayRaider said:

Don’t let the door hit ya on the way out. Weed over football???? Shows he had ZERO passion for the game. If the NFL told me I can’t drink or smoke my entire tenure in the NFL I wouldn’t even consider it. And that’s not cause of money, cause I love football first and foremost over any other hobby. 

Cowboys need to start doing better character checks. Their 2nd and 3rd Round Picks have been pretty suspect. 

Irving was signed as an undrafted fa. 

Archived