Suspended FA DT David Irving Quits NFL

LinderFournette

Lots of envy in this thread. 

I was mad at first when Chris borland quit football, but as an American this is the right they have. 

I know it's hard for us as fans to imagine squandering such an opportunity but we aren't the ones making that decision. A decision he will 100% regret in 10-20 years. 

That's on him. I won't lose any sleep about it 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Don’t let the door hit ya on the way out. Weed over football???? Shows he had ZERO passion for the game. If the NFL told me I can’t drink or smoke my entire tenure in the NFL I wouldn’t even consider it. And that’s not cause of money, cause I love football first and foremost over any other hobby. 

Cowboys need to start doing better character checks. Their 2nd and 3rd Round Picks have been pretty suspect. 

David Irving was undrafted.

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

This is comical, really. Or absurd. I can't decide. At least Ricky Williams was classy/entertaining about it?

This guy just shows how astonishingly ignorant some athletes are when it comes to just how good they have it. They get to live in a world of millions and have very little understanding of the value of that. 

How some people can't bring themselves to leave whatever sketchy side hobbies they might have behind for that kind of money is beyond me. 

I'd give Williams some slack. He was looking at another year of 375 plus carries on Dave Wannstedt's team with Jay Fielder and AJ Feeley at QB. Screw that xD

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2019/03/07/david-irving-rips-nfls-strict-marijuana-policy-instagram-live/3100869002/

“Basically guys, I quit,” Irving said. “There’s a lot of (expletive) (expletive) up with the league.”

Irving described the marijuana as “this medicine right here,” arguing that the league should support him treating pain and mental illness with marijuana in place of opioids. Irving said he’d seen the addictive dangers of opioids while in treatment facilities; he prefers the natural plant to treat challenges including injuries and ADHD.

“If I’m going to be addicted to something, I’d rather it be marijuana, which is medical,” Irving continued. “I do not consider it a drug, rather than the Xanax bars or the hydro[codone] or the Seroquel and all that crazy **** that they feed you. Like I said, it ain’t about smoking weed.

“How many NBA players you see get in trouble about this? How many coaches you see get in trouble about this? How many baseball players get in trouble? UFC players getting in trouble? How many actors?”

he's not wrong

We'll see him on the news a year or two from now being arrested for some drug or burglary related incident. It seems the hip thing for burnout athletes that never got their head on straight. 

Shame I really thought this guy could challenge for best DT in the league at one point. 

8 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

We'll see him on the news a year or two from now being arrested for some drug or burglary related incident. 

I don’t see how smoking correlates with robbing someone’s house lol

I think Irving will try to come back eventually

17 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I don’t see how smoking correlates with robbing someone’s house lol

I think Irving will try to come back eventually

Directly correlated man. Don't you know that injecting one marijuana can ruin your life? Ask Barry McCockiner.

29 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

We'll see him on the news a year or two from now being arrested for some drug or burglary related incident. It seems the hip thing for burnout athletes that never got their head on straight. 

Shame I really thought this guy could challenge for best DT in the league at one point. 

i hate this sort of negative take. give a guy a chance before you write him off as a complete criminal 

YOU ARE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS WORLD CALVERT28!

I'm not entirely sure he's completely aware of what he's giving up? Regardless of whatever he goes on to do, I doubt we will be saying that this was a smart decision years down the line. I doubt many of us will even remember his name a few years down the line. 

Good player. Shame. 

Archived