Trey Flowers to sign with Lions

bigbadbuff23835

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, cheaper than I though. I figured 17-18. Way to go Lions! Get that value signing!

Great value?  I get that we're in the FA market, but the Lions just paid $16-$17M/year for a guy whose averaged 7 sacks the last 3 seasons.  That's nearly $2.3M per sack.  Go draft your pass rushers.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Great value?  I get that we're in the FA market, but the Lions just paid $16-$17M/year for a guy whose averaged 7 sacks the last 3 seasons.  That's nearly $2.3M per sack.  Go draft your pass rushers.

I was joking because I thought he was going to get 17-18 million and he "only" got 16-17m. 

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

It kinda reminds me of back in 2009 when Josh McDaniels became the head coach for the Broncos a a bunch of players followed him there.... though this time it happened a year after Patricia got there.

I really liked Flowers.  Will miss him on the Pats.

1 minute ago, FrantikRam said:

Everyone's getting overpaid because of the amount of cap space available I think...I get that.

But do any Patriots players (or coaches) ever, and I mean EVER, have success outside of New England? Why do teams keep doing this??

Chandler Jones, exception to the rule?

24 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, QB pressures>>>>sacks when evaluating defensive linemen. Flowers consistently near top of the league in that regard. Does a lot that doesn't show up on stat sheet.

Archived