1st mock in a long Time w/ Explanations

Falconof Shadows

Its Been a long time since I tried to make a mock draft. Few may like it many will hate it but thats what a mock is for right. I don't want to get into predicting trades so Im sure there will be plently of players that are going to high or low just  do to that.

Now lets begin

1    Arizona Cardinals   DT Quinnen Williams- I do not think like the masses that ARZ will go with Kyler Murray IDK if they are trying to force a team to trade with them or not but I think they go Dline and I believe that DT is more of a need then DE for them so Quinnen is the pick   

2    San Francisco 49ers   EDGE Nick Bosa- San Fran has drafted allot of Dline over the last few years and I think this year the trend continues but with a pure EDGE player and Nick Bosa has the potential to be great so easy pick right here     

3    New York Jets  EDGE Josh Allen- Ive been hearing the Jets are in Love with Allen so I do believe he will be the pick, also I personally will enjoy hearing Josh Allen Sacked Josh Allen in the Jets Bills game itll give me a Good laugh.

4    Oakland Raiders   EDGE Montez Sweat- This is probably the worst case scenario for the Raiders and they would probably try to trade back here and It was a decision between Sweat and Devin White. With the huge need of passrushers the Raiders decide to bulster that in this scenario 

5    Tampa Bay Buccaneers  LB Devin White - Best player available on the board and a need for Tampa after losing Kwon alexander.  Strengths an area of need easy pick       

6    New York Giants  QB Kyler Murray -  Team still seems committed to Eli for the 2019 season or so it seems, but with Kyler Murray have fallen this far they decide to take their QB of the future and let him sit behind Eli for a season.                 

7    Jacksonville Jaguars   WR  D.K Metcalf- After Signing their QB for the near future the Jags decide to bolster their WR corps as they don't believe they have a true #1 WR and want to get more options for Nick Foles, also will help take the 8th man out of the box for Fournette

8    Detroit Lions   EDGE Clelin Ferrell-The Lions did sign  Trey Flowers to a huge contract in FA but they decide to double down to complete their pass rush with still having to face Aaron Rodgers, Kurt Cousins and an emerging Mitch Trubisky in their Division                 

9    Buffalo Bills     DT Ed Oliver- The Bills decide to  build up their Defense and take the Highly athetlic DT in hopes that he becomes their Aaron Donald. 

10    Denver Broncos   TE T.J Hockenson- Denver isnt a team I know too too much about but based on the needs I found online I believe they go with the first bigger suprise and draft Hockenson. Absolute stud of a TE potential of being top 5 within a couple of years and Flacco also really likes reliable TEs should help with transition into his new team   

11    Cincinnati Bengals - LB Devin Bush- A team in desperate need of a LBer they reach a little bit here to take Bush but they decide its worth it 

12    Green Bay Packers  OT Jawaan Taylor- A busy team this offseason signing 2 EDGE players and a Safety taking care of allot of their needs, decides to take a player who may not be given a starting spot right away but is a great depth option who may win a training camp battle, also a great investment in protecting Aaron Rodgers.

13    Miami Dolphins  OT Jonah Williams- A team full of needs but I do believe they will be in full tank mode so Instead of a QB of the Future here they will draft an OT to strengthen the team before the QB is taken next year           

14    Atlanta Falcons    EDGE Brian Burns- The Falcons are in need of both DE and DT in this draft, but I believe the need at DE is a greater need still. Falcons Decide going with Burns potential over Lawrence and Wilkins here.

15    Washington Redskins  QB Dwayne Haskins.- It seems very unlikely that Alex Smith will ever play again and the Redskins will need a long term replacement and they Believe Haskins is that guy.

16    Carolina Panthers   DE/DT Rashan Gary - Carolina is in need of a Pash Rusher even with the Signing of Bruce Irvin, Gary has the flexibility to play DE in their base package and 3tech in Nickle package.
17    New York Giants OT Cody Ford- Giants took their Qb of the future earlier in the draft, now they will get more protection for Eli to start then Murray when the transition finally takes place for the QBs
18    Minnesota Vikings   OT Andre Dillard- The Vikings decide to bolster their O-line after last year Cousins didnt have much time in the pocket and they need to protect their Investment 

19    Tennessee Titans    DL Christian Wilkins- a Good disrupter  both in the pass and run defense

20    Pittsburgh Steelers    TE Noah Fant- In need of more weapons after losing both Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell, Steelers decide to go with a TE who is the best weapon available 

21    Seattle Seahawks  S  Nasir Adderley- In need of allot of Saftey help Seattle decides to go with the best available Safety in the Draft

22    Baltimore Ravens   WR AJ Brown-  Lamar Jackson probably wont throw more then 20 passes a game but he will need more help then what they have available, and with his inaccuracy at times I could see the Ravens taking the bigger WR between AJ and Marquise 

23    Houston Texans  CB Greedy Williams- All the Corners took a bit of a slide to he joy of the Texans who will slide Greedy into a spot on the outside and call it a day

24    Oakland Raiders    CB- Deandre Baker - Grabbing a pass rusher earlier in the draft the Raiders now go for their next biggest need which is secondary and they grab arguably the best Corner in the draft

25    Philadelphia Eagles     RB Josh jacobs-  An all around strong team the Eagles decide to go with the one position where they dont have an absolute stud at and take Jacobs

26    Indianapolis Colts    CB Byron Murphy- 3rd CB out of the last 4 picks, Murphy is another great Corner to help strengthen a need for the Colts

27    Oakland Raiders  -  TE Irv Smith JR- After losing Jared Cook this offseason  the Raiders Decide to give Derek Carr another weapon in what could be a prove it season for Carr

28    Los Angeles Chargers - NT Dexter Lawrence- Chargers decide to take a stud nose tackle who can play the run well as well push the pocket and rush the passer 

29    Kansas City Chiefs    EDGE Jachai Polite- Polites stock took a big hit during the combine but the Chiefs decide to take the chance due to thier extreme need of EDGE help

30    Green Bay Packers    DT Jeffrey Simmons- The Packers are in a good position where they can redshirt Simmons and have him back by either of of 2019 for a playoff run or in 2020  after he recovers from his injury

31    Los Angeles Rams-DT Jerry Tillery-  DT where their are some concerns about his love for the game but he can be an explosive DT that would be a nice pairing next to Aaron Donald                

32    New England Patriots     WR MarQuise Brown- Patriots Make a move thats ot like them and take a WR in the first round. An explosive player who can make lays all over the field, Josh Mcdaniels will have fun with him

we have a solud wr corps and meccalfs lack of agility and lack of production and route running are huge turns offs. as he is hes a 9 route wr with decent hands and no quicks.   we dont have a good te on the roster especially a starting caliber 1 outside maybe swaim so hockeson would be my pick but could see the jags pick jawaan taylor to shore up rt

As a Falcon Fan and a FSU Fan im actually not to happy with this pick for us overall.  I watched Burns pretty much every game he has played for FSU and he is solid but he's no where near my favorite prospect in this draft and i wouldn't want him at 14 personally.   With that said it's a much better pick than Rashan Gary who i want nothing to do with in round 1.    With who was left i would much rather take  Christian Wilkins, Cody Ford, Dexter Lawrence over Burns and maybe even Greedy Williams as i have a high grade on him but i don't think CB is a 1st round need over the trenches.  But those 1st 3 players i would much rather have over Burns

10 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

As a Falcon Fan and a FSU Fan im actually not to happy with this pick for us overall.  I watched Burns pretty much every game he has played for FSU and he is solid but he's no where near my favorite prospect in this draft and i wouldn't want him at 14 personally.   With that said it's a much better pick than Rashan Gary who i want nothing to do with in round 1.    With who was left i would much rather take  Christian Wilkins, Cody Ford, Dexter Lawrence over Burns and maybe even Greedy Williams as i have a high grade on him but i don't think CB is a 1st round need over the trenches.  But those 1st 3 players i would much rather have over Burns

I do agree with you me personally I'd love to get Dexter Lawrence their as inlove his potential and think he is a 3 down player but I think it'll come down to if TD and Quinn decide if they will keep Grady after this year and if they are going to let Beasley walk next year. If they keep Grady then I think DE will be the pick 

Archived