NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

28 minutes ago, Danger said:

Howie tho?

He's already the Vice President of football operations. He's ahead of Joe as is anyway. Might as well just throw Joe the title and raise. Especially after this year. Team still operates under Howie. Don't think the dynamic changes much. 

Its the only way I see a guy being happy with staying in a lesser role. 

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

everyone in the scouting department is Joe's guys. Why move to a new place and then have to rebuild your scouting department?

Many of those same guys would follow him, and be given "different/added" titles.

Like suggested above both He and Howie will probably get "different" titles (President,GM,etc), more ? but most of the Dynamics will remain the same.

On 1/29/2018 at 12:27 PM, Danger said:

I have a confession to make. I don't understand what makes a "good route runner" opposed to a "bad route runner" how is one good or bad at this? Isn't it pretty straightforward, you have a route run it? 

Just watch Keenan Allen for a game. Antonio Bryant is also an elite route runner, but he's also supremely athletic.  Keenan Allen is a pretty poor athlete for a WR (he ran a 4.7 at his pro day), but he gets open like nobody's business because he's an elite route runner.  Not that it is a high bar, but we saw him abuse Jalen Mills first hand this year, but he does that to literally every corner.

Eagles

Record: 13-3 (sos .461) 
Top needs: LT, LB, CB 
The skinny: The Eagles addressed their need at RB with the addition of Jay Ajayi, but the season-ending injury to Jason Peters will likely make the left tackle spot a high priority in the offseason. It would be surprising if they didn't look for help at linebacker, and the CB corps isn't quite where it needs to be.

Funny, I wonder if these guys even pay attention as normally as an avid fan does. This is a look at the draft order and team needs for the draft. 

CB is one of our deepest positions right now. 

I'd def take a LT to develop but like what I'm seeing from Big V lately. LB for sure because of Hicks and his health concerns. I need a dynamic WR opposite AJ. We should start looking at safety as well. Maybe a TE in case we lose Trey cause I think Celek is gone. 

31 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Eagles

The skinny: The Eagles addressed their need at RB with the addition of Jay Ajayi, but the season-ending injury to Jason Peters will likely make the left tackle spot a high priority in the offseason. It would be surprising if they didn't look for help at linebacker, and the CB corps isn't quite where it needs to be.

Funny, I wonder if these guys even pay attention as normally as an avid fan does. This is a look at the draft order and team needs for the draft. 

I'd def take a LT to develop but like what I'm seeing from Big V lately. LB for sure because of Hicks and his health concerns. I need a dynamic WR opposite AJ. We should start looking at safety as well. Maybe a TE in case we lose Trey cause I think Celek is gone. 

Most of the places that list CB completely forget about Sidney Jones

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Most of the places that list CB completely forget about Sidney Jones

And Darby and Douglas and Mills and P-Rob....

I understand there's not studly players there. Maybe Jones turns into that guy. But that's a pretty solid corps. 

Theres reallly no immediate needs. But T, LB, S, WR, RB are all better options than CB. 

With the way Vaitai looked recently, I'd argue LT isn't much of a need anymore, especially if Peters comes back.

I agree that CB is not a need right now (not a top one, anyways). Rasul Douglas can play, and we're getting Sidney Jones. We already have Darby and Mills.

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Eagles

What do y'all think of Equanimeous St. Brown?

Archived