The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

4 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I'd argue knowing his body and his heart wasn't in it anymore retiring because he wants to makes him not a slave.

There are more variables then just that.  If Luck was broke and needed to find a real job with regular pay or play QB for what his contract said what does he choose?  He walked away because he could.  All the talent, hard work, and genetics allowed him to make that decision and I am not mad at him for it but the heart sure starts liking different things when the bank account is full.

56 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

There are more variables then just that.  If Luck was broke and needed to find a real job with regular pay or play QB for what his contract said what does he choose?  He walked away because he could.  All the talent, hard work, and genetics allowed him to make that decision and I am not mad at him for it but the heart sure starts liking different things when the bank account is full.

Several surgeries later tho.

12 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Im pretty sure Kizer can dink and dunk as well as Carr with the added ability to know when to use his legs and play with more toughness.  

I know its en vogue to bash Carr right now, but surely no one thinks this us a 6-6 team (or better as he uses his legs) with Kizer at the helm, this must be sarcasm right?

Kizer has some latent potential but sometimes this forum just baffles me. 😁

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I know its en vogue to bash Carr right now, but surely no one thinks this us a 6-6 team (or better as he uses his legs) with Kizer at the helm, this must be sarcasm right?

Yeah, it doesn't make sense. I can understand not believing in Carr anymore but he has certainly shown to be a better QB than Kizer at this point. They've moved Kizer in position to be active the rest of the season so they could possibly give him snaps at some point. He's under contract next season, Glennon isn't and won't be brought back. That's all there is to it imo.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yeah, some have jumped the shark on this topic. I've been critical of Carr for a while. But no one rational wants or thinks Kizer is going to be better than Carr. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Darbsk said:

It's just the way Carr play's the position, In the offseason it's really time to explore what can be done at QB, Kizer is interesting because he's got tools if Gruden can groom this kid I 'd take a look if Carr snowballs at some point. I'm just not expecting much out of Carr anymore.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

Peterman I feel is the more likely guy if any that we might get something out of and even that's a long shot. 

Carr isn't elite, he's not going to put the team on his back but he is the best realistic option I feel right now and IMHO he is good enough to lead an overall good team deep into the playoffs.

We need to continue to build the roster, add some genuine talent at WR and then maybe Carr will thrive - I dont think he's been bad this year apart from one or two games like most QBs. If he doesn't then we've created a great situation to insert a young QB similar to what the Chiefs did. Win/Win. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

It's just the way Carr play's the position, In the offseason it's really time to explore what can be done at QB, Kizer is interesting because he's got tools if Gruden can groom this kid I 'd take a look if Carr snowballs at some point. I'm just not expecting much out of Carr anymore.

Jesus christ. We're still in the ******* playoff race and you want to play Deshone freaking Kizer. 

Guarantee if he plays well this week, some of ya'll will crawl back into the corner. Not saying Carr is perfect (far from it), but you can't seriously tell me that's a good option.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Jesus christ. We're still in the ******* playoff race and you want to play Deshone freaking Kizer. 

Guarantee if he plays well this week, some of ya'll will crawl back into the corner. Not saying Carr is perfect (far from it), but you can't seriously tell me that's a good option.

Re-read my post and tell me where I said play Kizer right now.

• Like 1

I'm tired of seeing the same pattern over and over I mentioned even when we win we have to sweat, people blame the defense, but alot of times it's Carr, the few times he comes out on fire we up 14-0 everybody's happy, we get the ball first 2nd half we are all saying we can put this game away then classic Carr strikes, pick 6 or turnover in our own territory we are all like wtf Carr, the other team scores now suddenly it's 14-7, now we are begging to score the next drive but, 3 and out, D might hold them once then another 3 and out, most likely Carr missed plays during the two 3 and outs that would have kept the drive alive. The other team goes down and kicks a field goal, D holds somewhat, 14-10 another 3 and out now D is tired, the other team goes down to score it's 14-17 now and we are pissed can believe what is happening. Carr finally puts together a drive ill say TD so 21-17, other team fg 21-20. Now we praying please Carr we need a td to try and put this game away, never happens when needed. Now we rely on the defense to win this game make a stop or not. if we lose it was the defense never mind we could only manage 7 points in the second half and Carr turnover put them back in the game. It seems to me that after a turnover if things don't bounce back quickly he's done.

I've been a defender of Carr since Musgrave, but I'm tired man i find myself watching other QB's and saying I wish Carr would do some of that. And Honestly with our OL and now legit RB a QB who may not be perceived as talented as Carr could probably have success.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

What?  How many of our WRs who are playing now will start for another team?

maybe one

This. It's so funny. Our WR group is trash. Let's be honest with ourselves. It's garbage. 

Renfrow was our only reliable WR and he's out. He is a gem, but would only be a #3 on a good team.

It would actually be an easier fix if they were good and Carr was trash. 

• Like 1