The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

If Bears offer me their 2021 first for Carr I’m taking it. 

I’ll give Tom Brady a two year deal and draft a QB in the 1st in 2021. 

Scheftler been reporting all year Brady done in NE and he’s not retiring. His only options were Titans and Raiders really. And Titans doing well with Tanny. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

They have draft capital to move anywhere they want for one technically. No condoning that, just saying they can do it.

I'm there with you, but options are slim.  Anyone who says "draft a QB" needs to add some context.  Who are you going after?  When are you drafting one?  Are you willing to trade multiple picks to go up for somebody?  

I don't see it personally, but that's Gruden and Mayocks job to figure out. It's unpopular atm, but I'd continue to build this team up and draft a guy in 2021 if needed.  That doesn't mean I'm against adding a guy in the 3rd or later this year.  

It's going to get harder to find a guy who can run this offense too.  Unless Gruden changes his system (highly unlikely), you're hoping for an extreme playmaker who can overcome the mental side with the physical.  That's not a recipe for success in any system over the course of history.

37 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Go talk to Titan fans tell them he’s managing the game. One of your famous lines, you are literally box score scouting. Tannehil has been complete money and absolutely shredding defenses, on all three  levels, and making some amazing progressions. Stop looking at passing attempts and yards. 

You don’t obtain a 9.1 YPA and 72% COMP by game managing. His deep ball is one of the most accurate in the league at the moment. Tannehil and Henrys success literally go hand in hand. You can’t box Henry or else Tannehil is gonna kill you. 

I'll just let Peter King who does this for a living speak on it:

An interesting January darkhorse: Tennessee. In their three-game win streak, the Titans have scored 35, 42 and 31 points. Derrick Henry has led the league in rushing each week of the streak, with 188, 159 and 149 yards. “I’m just doing my job,” Henry said from the Titans’ locker room after beating Indy on Sunday. “Our team is about complementary football. When they give it to me, I’ll be productive.” I think they’ve found a formula. Conservative passing game, power running game, and ridiculously good special teams. A game behind Houston entering the home stretch, the Titans probably have to sweep the Texans in weeks 15 and 17 to win the AFC South. Not sure they can do that, though they’re 5-1 since benching Marcus Mariota for Ryan Tannehill. Last Tennessee sweep of the

I've always liked Tannehill. Thought he got a bad wrap in Miami. He's playing well, he's got arm talent, but MVP caliber... you're out of your mind.

6 minutes ago, true2form said:

I'm there with you, but options are slim.  Anyone who says "draft a QB" needs to add some context.  Who are you going after?  When are you drafting one?  Are you willing to trade multiple picks to go up for somebody?  

I'm monitoring the situation around Tua Tagovailoa. His health and recovery firstly. Then where he projects in the draft's first round. Then seeing what it take to get him. Only QB in the draft (currently) that I have interest in that I would move around to make happen. 

10 minutes ago, true2form said:

I don't see it personally, but that's Gruden and Mayocks job to figure out. It's unpopular atm, but I'd continue to build this team up and draft a guy in 2021 if needed.  That doesn't mean I'm against adding a guy in the 3rd or later this year.  

This is fine too, the roster needs more talent. But I'm not passing on the right QB if he's somehow available. 

12 minutes ago, true2form said:

It's going to get harder to find a guy who can run this offense too.  Unless Gruden changes his system (highly unlikely), you're hoping for an extreme playmaker who can overcome the mental side with the physical.  That's not a recipe for success in any system over the course of history.

Purely my opinion, but I don't think we've scratched the surface in Gruden's system. He's limited by his QB and you can't convince me otherwise. He knows Carr's limitations and is trying to play around them. There is a reason he was sniffing around Murray and has added guys like Kizer and Peterman. He know how NFL offenses are evolving. 

That is why Tua (if healthy) makes all the more sense for Gruden. He's athletic, good arm with great touch, anticipation and timing. He's got a lot of what Watson had coming out and Gruden fawns over Watson every chance he gets.

• Like 3

Well the game I was pointing to against KC Tannehill pulled a comeback and was a total gamer it was clear to me he has more will than Carr, which sparked my comment a few weeks ago about Carr playing more like Tannehill, he kept drives alive made plays with his arm and feet showed presence.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I'm monitoring the situation around Tua Tagovailoa. His health and recovery firstly. Then where he projects in the draft's first round. Then seeing what it take to get him. Only QB in the draft (currently) that I have interest in that I would move around to make happen. 

I can appreciate this.  Unfortunately, he'll either be healthy and gone or a question and a risk.  For the record, I'm not a fan of him to begin with, but that's besides the point.

This is fine too, the roster needs more talent. But I'm not passing on the right QB if he's somehow available. 

I would never pass one up either, but I just don't see one to pass on.

Purely my opinion, but I don't think we've scratched the surface in Gruden's system. He's limited by his QB and you can't convince me otherwise. He knows Carr's limitations and is trying to play around them. There is a reason he was sniffing around Murray and has added guys like Kizer and Peterman. He know how NFL offenses are evolving. 

I can't disagree, but I really wish we had seen AB in this offense to answer all of our questions. Or at least mine.

That is why Tua (if healthy) makes all the more sense for Gruden. He's athletic, good arm with great touch, anticipation and timing. He's got a lot of what Watson had coming out and Gruden fawns over Watson every chance he gets.

I just don't see it.  Wish I did, but I don't.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Scheftler been reporting all year Brady done in NE and he’s not retiring. His only options were Titans and Raiders really. And Titans doing well with Tanny. 

Lol nobody is offering a 1st for Derek Carr. 

gotta bring in mariota or bridgewater. Either that pushes Carr and we see a better version of him or he loses the job imo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I'll just let Peter King who does this for a living speak on it:

I've always liked Tannehill. Thought he got a bad wrap in Miami. He's playing well, he's got arm talent, but MVP caliber... you're out of your mind.

Look at Henry’s stats. He was averaging 3 ypc in most games until Tannehils first start. They are both, at bare minimum, equally responsible for each others success. The Henry break started Tannys first start because you can’t box on Tannehil. You have to respect him. He can beat you anywhere, any level. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

This type of Scenario is the ONLY way I would move on from Carr I need AT LEAST a first. Then I am trading the House for TLaw in 2021. 

Give me Brady in Vegas for 2 years with a our OL, Waller, Renefrow, Williams, Jacobs and a 1st RD rookie WR and LOOK OUT!!!

Resign Mayowa, Jordan and KoJo. Sign Littleton/Schobert/Campbell, Jones/Armstead/Williams, and Peters/Roby/Darby. Draft Simmons.

And just like that we are LEGIT contenders next year.

FWIW I think if we follow the same offseason with Carr we will contenders too, not as much as if we had Brady, obviously. Couple getting Brady for 2 years and having draft capital to trade up for TLaw is better setting us up for the future then with Carr. 

BTW this is less of an indictment of Carr and more of an endorsment of Watson. But I would take Watson over Carr now, he has grown A LOT as a passer this year. 

Edited by OG_C2X

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Brady wouldn’t play for the Raiders, he’d go somewhere where he could be in charge. No way he gets to be that in LV. Plus even though he’s been playing at an unprecedented level, the wheels will fall off at some point. I wouldn’t want to be holding the bag on that. 

1 hour ago, NJ Raider said:

Gruden didn't sound like somebody ready to give up on his qb, but we know he's not always honest with the media. I suppose if we bring in a vet wr and draft another and he still doesn't produce, then we can move on.  The inconsistencies are pretty alarming.

OGX and Frankie can pretend all they want but the constant Murray rumors were not some ploy. Where there is smoke there’s fire. If Murray is there he’s the pick (unless Bosa is there). 

Gruden will once again intently study all the QBs. He might not be satisfied with any of them though resulting in Carr for 2030. 

2 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Brady wouldn’t play for the Raiders, he’d go somewhere where he could be in charge. No way he gets to be that in LV. Plus even though he’s been playing at an unprecedented level, the wheels will fall off at some point. I wouldn’t want to be holding the bag on that. 

Lol first of all I don’t want him. Yuck.

second, if we did, I could see next year in first round of playoffs we go to NE, they send a CB blitz Tom goes to throw clearly an incomplete pass .. but refs call it a fumble. NE goes on to kick game winning FG 

21 hours ago, BayRaider said:

people bash all our decisions then their solutions are things like this? yea, lets sign a 43 year old QB and have him lead a team full of rookie and 2nd year players. come on man

Edited by Geezy
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

people bash all our decisions then their solutions are things like this? yea, lets sign a 43 year old QB and have him lead a team full of rookie and 1st year players. come on man

43 year old Brady is 10x better than Derek Carr and completey carrying that joke of a offense that is New England. Keep us competitive while we draft a QB.