The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

2 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

BTW this is less of an indictment of Carr and more of an endorsment of Watson. But I would take Watson over Carr now, he has grown A LOT as a passer this year. 

Lmao oh so now you'd take Deshaun over timid Carr lol. Wonder what changed your mind. The fact that Deshaun can go into KC and go to to toe with Mahomes, while the almost 30 year old Carr still craps his pants.

Something tells me next year around this time you'll admit to being wrong about Kyler, too.

Edited by SilverNBlackFan
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

43 year old Brady is 10x better than Derek Carr and completey carrying that joke of a offense that is New England. Keep us competitive while we draft a QB. 

the defense is carrying that team, were nowhere near NE on that side of the ball. Just imagine Brady trying to win a shootout vs Mahomes with our WR group. 

Just now, Geezy said:

the defense is carrying that team, were nowhere near NE on that side of the ball. Just imagine Brady trying to win a shootout vs Mahomes with our WR group. 

The defense is carrying the team but Brady is carrying that offense into being even slightly respectable. Terrible Line, absolutely atrocious receivers outside of Edelmen who is always schemed against, no TEs, and their RBs are all miserable averaging 3.0 YPC. Brady is the only reason they are moving the chains. 

Brady with our line and Waller would be way better than Carr. Brady is like a 100x better improviser than Carr is. 

2 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

Gruden didn't sound like somebody ready to give up on his qb, but we know he's not always honest with the media. I suppose if we bring in a vet wr and draft another and he still doesn't produce, then we can move on.  The inconsistencies are pretty alarming.

Just guessing... but I think Gruden is protecting his psyche some.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Lmao oh so now you'd take Deshaun over timid Carr lol. Wonder what changed your mind. The fact that Deshaun can go into KC and go to to toe with Mahomes, while the almost 30 year old Carr still craps his pants.

Something tells me next year around this time you'll admit to being wrong about Kyler, too.

Lol at least i admit it. Can't say much about others.

Since the Raider game I have seen a change in Deshaun. He has shown a Football IQ part to his game that I didn't see in him before. That is the only reason. Nothing Carr did. More of Watson continuing to grow. 

I've watched 3 or 4 Cardinals games this year. Will watch more in the offseason. Kyler is everything I expected so far. I don't see myself changing my stance on him or Lamar. 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

OGX and Frankie can pretend all they want but the constant Murray rumors were not some ploy. Where there is smoke there’s fire. If Murray is there he’s the pick (unless Bosa is there). 

Gruden will once again intently study all the QBs. He might not be satisfied with any of them though resulting in Carr for 2030. 

You are 100% wrong. But keep telling yourself that. 

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/12/chiefs-tyrann-mathieu-raiders-derek-carr/

something to think about. it’s a lose lose for Carr. Get roasted for not moving the chains when no one is open, or just firing it in there and get called out for throwing picks trying to make something happen. We have the worst we unit in the league and a bottom 5 defense... playcalling is hit or miss too 

Edited by Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I can tell you last week, outside of maybe 2 times, there was NO ONE open down the field last week. Going to watch all 22 of this KC game tomorrow. Not many Routes called deep and when they were called they weren't open. Mathieu might be on to something about formations and personnel tipping Deep shots pre snap..  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Lol at least i admit it. Can't say much about others.

Since the Raider game I have seen a change in Deshaun. He has shown a Football IQ part to his game that I didn't see in him before. That is the only reason. Nothing Carr did. More of Watson continuing to grow. 

I've watched 3 or 4 Cardinals games this year. Will watch more in the offseason. Kyler is everything I expected so far. I don't see myself changing my stance on him or Lamar. 

Watson hasnt magically gotten way better since the Raiders game. Either you didnt watch him or it was just a horrible take trying to defend Carr. His football IQ didnt jump up all the sudden. He playing pretty close to how he always has played just with better oline play now. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

I can tell you last week, outside of maybe 2 times, there was NO ONE open down the field last week. Going to watch all 22 of this KC game tomorrow. Not many Routes called deep and when they were called they weren't open. Mathieu might be on to something about formations and personnel tipping Deep shots pre snap..  

This is one of the problems with Carr though. He’s only a wide open thrower which doesn’t work in the NFL. You need to successfully throw into tight windows and also throw people open. It’s a terrible excuse. No reason you should be 33rd or worse in average depth of target for multiple weeks in a season three straight years. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Watson hasnt magically gotten way better since the Raiders game. Either you didnt watch him or it was just a horrible take trying to defend Carr. His football IQ didnt jump up all the sudden. He playing pretty close to how he always has played just with better oline play now. 

For real... Watson burst onto the scene as a rookie with outstanding performances. Had an injury and has been playing at an all pro level. Guy has been a difference maker since day 1. Only reason the Texans are even relevant.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

This is one of the problems with Carr though. He’s only a wide open thrower which doesn’t work in the NFL. You need to successfully throw into tight windows and also throw people open. It’s a terrible excuse. No reason you should be 33rd or worse in average depth of target for multiple weeks in a season three straight years. 

Watch the Niners games jimmyG misses wide open people on a regular basis. Trubisky is even worse. Goff has recievers wide open regularly. The Chiefs too. Watson and Wentz have players getting open much more then we do.

Its on Gruden. He needs to call and design better plays. Really hoping Jay comes on board next year and Jon lets Jay call the plays. 

He wants so much to be Bill Belichick, he should follow his lead.

7 hours ago, dante9876 said:

I live in Houston. I watch more Houston Texan football then I could ever want to. 

He survived his first 2 seasons on pure athleticism and talent. 

This season he has been a different level. 

Being this is Carr's thread, I was thinking of a way to make him better. NO HUDDLE/hurry up Offense.

Carr does well in the 4th quarter coming from behind when it's a close game. He also sails balls the 1st quarter before he calms down. So obviously his instincts are better than his thinking so speed the game up and trust his instincts. Now maybe I just watch too much old Star Wars but he's got the gift, but might be thinking too much. Sling it and let it fly. Get 10-14 points up and take the ball away and heavy dose of Jacobs until the other team takes back the lead or the game is over with us winning.

Robbins 80/20 rule.Talk about solutions 80% the problem 20% right now it's 98% the problems the only solutions offered are next season and another QB. So how do we help our QB NOW!!! No huddle/hurry up is my idea how about some more ideas??? Someone kidnapping Andy Reid might be on to something too. =P