The Official Derek Carr Thread

Jerry

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

With more talent, etc. Can anyone confidently tell me that you believe Derek Carr can carry this team in the playoffs? That he can go toe to toe with Mahomes, Watson, etc. in the AFC and carry his squad to a Championship?

Jacobs didn't have room to run for days. The Chiefs dropped into a deep zone and would have gang tackled. Maybe you get 8-10. What's the big deal? He's looking for a chunk while we're getting blown out. Something he didn't do last year and ya'll criticized him for.

I mean, we literally were in a 3 point game with the Texans with a clearly worse team.

I haven't seen a complete team yet so I wouldn't know. We've never fielded one. I don't even think you'll argue that. You've said it as well.

I do have confidence in DC. It's not a popular opinion, but I trust what I see and I'll stand on it. I think with a good team, he can absolutely win us playoff games. I think we'll see it as early as next year.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

They dont see it. We will keep changing personal and coaches and still blame his surroundings. He had a good running game and wrs in 2016. Didnt beat one playoff team that year and got embarrassed by kc. 

He didn't even play in that game? We beat the Texans in the regular season... Your narratives don't even make sense.

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He didn't even play in that game? We beat the Texans in the regular season... Your narratives don't even make sense.

He's saying for all the props he gets for his 2016 season, he beat 4 teams with a winning record and none of them made the playoffs except Houston. 

And the Houston game was won on a fluke because the refs called Hopkins out of bounds on a TD scoring play that couldn't be reviewed just as a refresher. 

• Like 1

Just now, big_palooka said:

He's saying for all the props he gets for his 2016 season, he beat 4 teams with a winning record and none of them made the playoffs except Houston. 

And the Houston game was won on a fluke because the refs called Hopkins out of bounds on a TD scoring play that couldn't be reviewed just as a refresher. 

Ok, I mean we played the schedule that was in front of us. I thought we were lucky to eke out 12 wins. Every week was a shootout. But I myself haven't pointed to 2016 as a reason that DC is/isn't the guy.

Some people will defend Carr to the death man... they claim he needs a great OC, Top 5 Line, High End WR1, High End WR2, good WR3, beast RB, beast TE , etc and even then we’ll still see some complaining that the defense made them play from behind or some stupid s*** do people realize only 5% of QBs actually get this? Carr fans look at it like it’s the “norm”. 

At some point or another, you have to call it. He is what he is. Does not improvise what so ever and takes robotic reads even if they don’t make sense, needs a Top 5 level of Pass Protection to not look like one of the worst QBs in the league, and needs absolutely stellar play calling. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

I wonder if every team waited for each qb to have a perfect situation to see if he was the guy how many years would be wasted on bad qb play. Let's wait for trubisky to get a better play caller, let's wait for baker to get a better oline, let's wait for stafford to get a running game, wait for Mariota to get better wrs. Just wait until every thing is perfect to do an accurate evaluation. 

Edited by dante9876
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Some people will defend Carr to the death man... they claim he needs a great OC, Top 5 Line, High End WR1, High End WR2, good WR3, beast RB, beast TE , etc and even then we’ll still see some complaining that the defense made them play from behind or some stupid s*** do people realize only 5% of QBs actually get this? Carr fans look at it like it’s the “norm”. 

At some point or another, you have to call it. He is what he is. Does not improvise what so ever and takes robotic reads even if they don’t make sense, needs a Top 5 level of Pass Protection to not look like one of the worst QBs in the league, and needs absolutely stellar play calling. 

What is this strawman? I never said any of this.

And not all teams have this. Many consistently high powered offenses do. Look at KC, Minnesota, New Orleans, etc. Unsurprisingly, a lot of these teams have some of the best qb play, even by backups (i.e. bridgewater, moore, etc.).

The rest of it... well... agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Jacobs would still be running... Happy feet back there with no poise hopping around like a bunny because his first read was covered. 

I really hate these stupid clips. Looks left and nothing is there. Looks right and nothing is there. Looks back to the left and defender in his face, but somehow he's supposed to magically see Jacobs and get him the ball.

Bad game by Carr, but some pick the dumbest plays to try and push a narrative.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, true2form said:

I really hate these stupid clips. Looks left and nothing is there. Looks right and nothing is there. Looks back to the left and defender in his face, but somehow he's supposed to magically see Jacobs and get him the ball.

There are times I would agree with this but Carr does lack vision and has a a hard time seeing left side of the field.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, true2form said:

When did he look left at all??

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Sadly even if we had a monster defense we would still lose because of the offense.

Defense played surprisingly well and inspired. The offense omg complete dumpster fire except Jacobs but even after a while Carr was gonna have to throw and...

Imo it’s not a cold weather thing or previous injury thing it’s a Carr thing. Gruden has tried to make the game as Carr friendly as possible but you gotta show up for the big games. Carr just doesn’t have that big game in him.

• Like 2