Kingsbury to allow cell phone breaks in team meetings

tgrades3

1 hour ago, tgrades3 said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26368658/kingsbury-allow-cardinals-cellphone-breaks

He is going to allow cell phone breaks every 30 minutes for players. Why? Idk but I feel like this will backfire on him. No way TSuggz & Larry approve of this 

@tgrades3 if you added "during meetings" to the title, that would help a lot of people understand what the specifics of what Kingsbury is actually allowing. 

Fixed the title. The more I read about it the more I like it, my first reaction was Kliff trying to treat them as college kids. 

But it ultimately I don’t think it causes any distraction. They have good vets there to hold that room together 

I have to sit in a lot of meetings for work, trust me this is a good idea. I don’t care how much money you make, you zone out after so long and only hear half of what’s being said sometimes. We live in a world controlled by the cell phone now and that’s just the truth of it

Sitting there for 2 straight hours can be brutal, but getting a break every 30 mins and coming back refreshed, maybe joking with teammates about something during the break, will help their focus in the long run 

1 minute ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

I have to sit in a lot of meetings for work, trust me this is a good idea. I don’t care how much money you make, you zone out after so long and only hear half of what’s being said sometimes. We live in a world controlled by the cell phone now and that’s just the truth of it

Sitting there for 2 straight hours can be brutal, but getting a break every 30 mins and coming back refreshed, maybe joking with teammates about something during the break, will help their focus in the long run 

Exactly. Even if its an hour long meeting. An hour and ten minute meeting with a break is going to be more efficient than an hour long meeting with no breaks. 

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I think its worded oddly but it actually makes sense. Most people aren't able to really focus and absorb information for more than 30 minutes, giving them a mental break so they can come back and refocus isn't a bad idea. He just shouldn't have been so open about it being time for cell phone and social media, just call it a mental break to grab some food, water and maybe call the family. If they want to use that time to go on twitter, so be it.

Is this real life? Humanity reduced to fishbowl status..... come on!

In every other area people are asked to (and can) stay more than 30 minutes away from their cell phones,  no reason a bunch of guys can't do it.

What's next? 30 minute breaks in cinemas, so fishbowls can check their insta and twitter? This is getting ridiculous!!!

48 minutes ago, kramxel said:

Is this real life? Humanity reduced to fishbowl status..... come on!

In every other area people are asked to (and can) stay more than 30 minutes away from their cell phones,  no reason a bunch of guys can't do it.

What's next? 30 minute breaks in cinemas, so fishbowls can check their insta and twitter? This is getting ridiculous!!!

Again, you're to focused on the phone aspect. The main point is that people can't focus for more than 30 minutes and that a mental break is beneficial. Who cares what they do in that 5-10 minute break, a lot will check twitter, a lot will call family, a lot will get food. It doesnt matter.

4 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

This isn't during practice. Its just during team meetings, aka the things that players really don't want to go to and very rarely can stay focused in for more than 30 minutes.

If you have a 2 hour team meeting, by the 45th minute 75% of the team has zoned out.

I've been on a 2+ hour conference call that required my absolute attention (and contribution of information/insight).... I didn't need a cell phone break. But I'm in my mid 30s as well (different when you're in your early 20s and used to waking up at 10AM with a 20 year old piece of *** next to you and skipping class, LOL)... I definitely understand how a 3 hour conference call with 75+ people (where information may not even be relevant to your position) could be taxing. I'd probably break every hour though... 30 minutes is pretty excessive. 

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Again, you're to focused on the phone aspect. The main point is that people can't focus for more than 30 minutes and that a mental break is beneficial. Who cares what they do in that 5-10 minute break, a lot will check twitter, a lot will call family, a lot will get food. It doesnt matter.

People can't focus for more than 30 minutes? Are you serious?

Archived