Dolphins trade Robert Quinn to Cowboys

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, FinSting said:

This is the dead boring time when all the big-name free agents are signed, and it's too soon to focus on the draft. So Mr Robert Quinn gets 4 pages for his whopping 6 sacks this season. 

Well in his defense, he was playing on the Dolphins. :P

56 minutes ago, FinSting said:

This is the dead boring time when all the big-name free agents are signed, and it's too soon to focus on the draft. So Mr Robert Quinn gets 4 pages for his whopping 6 sacks this season. 

It was 6.5 sacks. Which was more than anyone else on your team.

Rod Marinelli will get more out of him if he can stay healthy. Marinelli gets 6.5 sacks out of guys like George Selvie and Jermy Mincey. Randy Gregory got 6 sacks last year in 14 appearances and 1 start. 

Plus there is a 2 million $ incentive if he reaches 7 sacks. I'm expecting somewhere between 7-10 sacks from him, with Lawrence on the other side instead of an aging Wake, and Rod Marinelli on the sideline instead of whoever you guys just fired. 

On 3/28/2019 at 12:37 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Good for them. Their roster was in need of a major overhaul and they finally hit the kaboom button on the thing.

That being said, I don't think Tua is a special player.

Im a Bama fan andi dontseethe hype

On 3/28/2019 at 2:37 PM, BleedTheClock said:

Good for them. Their roster was in need of a major overhaul and they finally hit the kaboom button on the thing.

That being said, I don't think Tua is a special player.

28 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Im a Bama fan andi dontseethe hype

He's not a special player, he's just on a special team where he doesn't have to do anything other than his job which is made infinitely easier by the fact that he has an NFL draft class supporting cast around him.  I've seen very little from him that impressed me and we all know what happened when he went up against a team where they actually needed him to play well in order to stay in the game.  If he was on any other team, far fewer people would even know who he is

1 hour ago, footbull3196 said:

He's not a special player, he's just on a special team where he doesn't have to do anything other than his job which is made infinitely easier by the fact that he has an NFL draft class supporting cast around him.  I've seen very little from him that impressed me and we all know what happened when he went up against a team where they actually needed him to play well in order to stay in the game.  If he was on any other team, far fewer people would even know who he is

Yeah but he’s not a bad prospect either IMO. Just not worth tanking for

On 3/29/2019 at 2:53 PM, DaBoys said:

It was 6.5 sacks. Which was more than anyone else on your team.

Rod Marinelli will get more out of him if he can stay healthy. Marinelli gets 6.5 sacks out of guys like George Selvie and Jermy Mincey.

Are Selvie and Mincey being paid $2M per sack like Quinn was this year?

Quinn is a solid player imho. He was just too expensive for his production. But he earned that huge paycheck by kicking a lot of butt when he was with the Rams. 

5 hours ago, FinSting said:

Are Selvie and Mincey being paid $2M per sack like Quinn was this year?

Quinn is a solid player imho. He was just too expensive for his production. But he earned that huge paycheck by kicking a lot of butt when he was with the Rams. 

Under Rod "The D-line Whisperer" Marinelli:

Selvie went from 1 sack to 7 sacks

Mincey went from 2 sacks to 6 sacks.

So Quinn, with 6.5 sacks, will go to??? 

But in this case, you're probably right. He went from "kicking a lot of butt" with the Rams to not doing so with the Dolphins. That doesn't make sense.  There's absolutely no history of established players going to Miami and not producing the same or better than before. 

On 3/28/2019 at 4:02 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I would think it wouldn’t but weren’t they strapped for cap before this?

Nope

On 3/28/2019 at 7:53 PM, jrry32 said:

LOL. Stop.

He's not suspended for the season? Isn't this like his 20th strike?

Rumor is that he didnt miss or fail a test. He missed an appointment with his NFL mandated therapist. He is out "indefinitely" because they dont know how to punish that. But most people think he will play next year.

On 3/28/2019 at 9:03 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Nice addition for the Girls won't lie just curious how this plays in future negotiations with Dlaw?

You just paid $9/10M for a 1 yr rental.

Is that supposed to be used a deterrent for DLaw holding out?

Can you tell DLaw we don't  have but "X" amount of money, but hey His extra 10M wouldn't of changed that number? Sign on the dotted line!

^^ Can you use that same excuse with Zeke, Dak and Cooper in thier negotiations on getting extended?

Interesting but definitely  needed.

Probably doesnt play into negotiations with DLaw at all. We never said we couldnt pay him what he is asking for. We said we wont pay him what he is asking for. Huge difference. 

Archived