What’s HC is under the most pressure this season?

CP3MVP

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Just about every coach in the league would be on the hot seat if we they win less than 5 games and regress. 

Well I like to base my opinion on each individual team and not base it on what all teams would do.  Based on the expected progression of Mayfield, the success they had after firing Jackson, and the acquisition of ODB in my opinion a 3 win season would very much put Kitchens in the hot seat.Given that the Browns owners fired Shurmur his 2nd year, Chudzinski after only 1 year, Pettine after 2 years, and Jackson after 2 1/2 years it would fit in line with who they have been as owners.

On 30/03/2019 at 8:06 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Marrone is definitely on the hot seat. 2017 was great but last year made it look like a fluke. Clock is ticking on the defense and unless they take a big step on offense Marrone could be out as the next coach could get his QB in the following draft as Foles is basically on a 2 year deal 

Yeah.  I'd reckon Marrone probably has one of, if not the hottest seat in the league for coaches.  Really needs to prove 2017 wasn't a fluke, and they've gone out and got him a new QB so that excuse is gone.  It's pretty much playoffs or bust for Marrone i'd think.

Really think there's probably more than just Marrone's job riding on this season's performance too.  If he delivers another stinker of a season, feels like a good chance of major housecleaning throughout that front office staff.  Bringing in a whole fresh new crew to start over with a new QB in 2020 or 2021.

For me it's a toss up between Bill O'Brien and Dan Quinn.  But I think Atlanta can turn it around this year and hence save Quinn's job, so Bill gets my vote.  Sean McDermott could be on very thin ice if the Bills have another bad year.

On 4/9/2019 at 3:00 AM, MossyMoss said:

I would think Browns and Raider's HC. 

Gruden literally has the most secure job in the NFL. Even Belichick doesn’t have a ten year fully guaranteed deal. Gruden can literally trade away the Raiders best player, have a crap season and still keep his job...

Add in the Mark Davis is strapped for cash and you can see the Raiders for good or bad are chained to Gruden for a while. 

On 3/31/2019 at 11:03 AM, john305 said:

Well I like to base my opinion on each individual team and not base it on what all teams would do.  Based on the expected progression of Mayfield, the success they had after firing Jackson, and the acquisition of ODB in my opinion a 3 win season would very much put Kitchens in the hot seat.Given that the Browns owners fired Shurmur his 2nd year, Chudzinski after only 1 year, Pettine after 2 years, and Jackson after 2 1/2 years it would fit in line with who they have been as owners.

Not on Haslam any more. This is Dorsey’s team and jimmy has been fine stepping back and letting him take control. That’s the only reason hue was fired mid way along with Haley. That was all  on Dorsey. If the Browns only win say 3 games this year, it will be more than just Kitchens. They would have had to suffer some pretty bad injuries. Like Mayfield and Garrett both getting hurt and lost for the season. 

Edited by buno67

On March 30, 2019 at 2:14 AM, PapaShogun said:

I know Cousins isn't a superstar, but I feel like Gruden should have went down with that sinking ship when Cousins was being financially thrown under the bus by Allen. Didn't really feel like he was in Cousin's corner. A franchise QB is basically your lifeline in the NFL as a coach. 

I think that should tell you something in regards to Cousins. Is he truly a franchise QB? Washington doesn't let him walk if that was the opinion. 

On 3/30/2019 at 2:27 AM, footbull3196 said:

You’re probably right on that aspect.  It also didn’t help that he said after Cousins left that the Redskins were better off with Alex Smith.  Still think that he should get some credit for how sound his teams have been defensively as of late

I'm not sure how he could say they were better when the record was exactly the same and they scored about 60 pts less under Smith.  :)

But, Gruden definitely should be on the hot seat.  I'm really not sure how people could say Zimmer is, considering how he's managed the team under very adverse circumstances.  I think most Vikings fans that do consider him on the hot seat are way overreacting...yes, maybe they've only got the one playoff win...but considering he lost one because his kicker couldn't make a 27-yd field goal and another season he lost his starting QB 8 days before the season started, I think he's done a pretty darn good job.  He has the 6th highest winning percentage among all active head coaches (just a shade under .600).  That ain't fire-worthy.  

The coaches on the hottest seats are Jay Gruden, Jason Garrett, and Doug Marrone with Bill O'Brien and Dan Quinn hot on their tails.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I think that should tell you something in regards to Cousins. Is he truly a franchise QB? Washington doesn't let him walk if that was the opinion. 

Well, Gruden has had his best success under Cousins. Alex Smith in his twilight years isn't the answer. The Redskins as an organization don't get the benefit of the doubt. And why franchise tag him twice if he wasn't worth giving a long term deal? Just let him walk early.

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

I'm not sure how he could say they were better when the record was exactly the same and they scored about 60 pts less under Smith.  :)

But, Gruden definitely should be on the hot seat.  I'm really not sure how people could say Zimmer is, considering how he's managed the team under very adverse circumstances.  I think most Vikings fans that do consider him on the hot seat are way overreacting...yes, maybe they've only got the one playoff win...but considering he lost one because his kicker couldn't make a 27-yd field goal and another season he lost his starting QB 8 days before the season started, I think he's done a pretty darn good job.  He has the 6th highest winning percentage among all active head coaches (just a shade under .600).  That ain't fire-worthy.  

The coaches on the hottest seats are Jay Gruden, Jason Garrett, and Doug Marrone with Bill O'Brien and Dan Quinn hot on their tails.  

If we're talking who's on the hot seat in MN, I think Spielman's seat is a little warmer at the moment.

One thing most fans outside of Buffalo probably don't know is that McDermott was in place and the de facto GM for the 2017 draft. He then for the most part got his say on who the GM would be. Brandon Beane obviously got the job both because he earned a shot and his connection to McDermott. I think there is less then 1% chance Beane would fire McDermott and even less chance of both of them being fired just after 2 full years together. 

The Josh Allen pick is a huge risk, but the defensive pieces they have drafted speak for themselves and IMO they'll definitely get 3 off-seasons together (4 regular seasons).