Cowboys sign DE DeMarcus Lawrence (5 years, $105M)

RaidersAreOne

This contract came at a slightly lesser price-point, and sooner, than I expected.   Everything pointed toward him not taking a dime less than Mack's $23.5M APY contract.  I'm good with it.

Now go get your shoulder surgery done in time for TC, ya' Idiot!

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Mahomes. We are already at 30m/yr. Something like 6 / 200M is very feasible for Mahomes. 

Mahomes has a year anything like the one just gone, I would say him without a shadow of a doubt. I don't believe there is anyone else, at least at the moment, who will steal it from him. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Update:

Great news for Cowboy fans. However how are they going to fit Dak, Elliot, Cooper, Jones, etc?

Because we are pretty cap rich?

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

bye Dak

Lol. Bye your logic.

19 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Good for DLaw. Not so much for those praying for a Trade and Picks.

Gonna be interesting  seeing what happens  with Dak, Zeke, Cooper, Jaylon, ect in the coming years.

We wanted a trade if he asked to exceed K Mack. This is a about where all of us wanted him. So I highly doubt you will find many that meet your criteria. 

As for the rest, we have plenty of money. 

1 hour ago, DerbyRam said:

They've definitely overpaid, but he's a top player in his position and the ever increasing cap space allows the Cowboys a nice bit of room to keep one of their top performers. Jadeveon Clowney will be rubbing his hands together at the news, that's for sure.

How so? 5 for 100 is actually far more reasonable then I was expecting.

1 hour ago, DerbyRam said:

Mahomes has a year anything like the one just gone, I would say him without a shadow of a doubt. I don't believe there is anyone else, at least at the moment, who will steal it from him. 

Wentz, Goff or even Watson could get there first. All of them have at least flashed at an elite level and once you get to a certain level of QB all of them get about the same per year with it just being a matter of where the franchise tag number is at the position at the time the sign.

Archived