Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

6 minutes ago, Chili said:

Wasn't that McGinn making that up?

Was it?

Now, it appears that benefit has been squashed. By Murphy.

Right before the Packers announced LaFleur as their new head coach, the source close to the team says Murphy called Rodgers to tell him who they were going with. He didn't ask for permission—he told him who the choice was. There was a brief pause on the other end of the phone before Rodgers eventually spoke. Murphy made it clear that Rodgers would need to accept coaching. "Don't be the problem," he told him. "Don't be the problem."

Whoever's to blame, Murphy does not want drama engulfing his team again.

The source close to the team says the president is "tired of the diva stuff."

Over the years, Rodgers has preferred to surround himself with "yes-men," multiple sources say. That's why many thought Murphy would hire a yes-man to be the next head coach. To keep the peace. One former personnel man in Green Bay insists Murphy should've gotten Rodgers' input and approval because, in his view, Rodgers is the one who makes the Packers relevant. Instead, Murphy made it clear to Rodgers that the organization was behind LaFleur.

9 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If Rodgers is a problem behind the scenes they should have traded him this offseason .. that's what doesn't make much sense.  He's still worth a lot in a trade.  My guess is that he's a challenge, but not a problem player.  Otherwise they would have just tried to figure out a way to move on.  Once they tell Rodgers he's not in their plans he will do what he can to get himself out of town.

But they really can't effectively deal Rodgers without him deferring his scheduled bonuses. And then there is the PR damage of trying to trade him. Eventually, it's going to get out to the public.

Edited by Howler

1 minute ago, YaddaHolla said:

What could we get for him? I can’t think of a time a QB of his caliber was traded.

Broncos got two 1st round picks and 3rd plus Kyle Orton for Jay Cutler back in 2009. Rodgers could fetch 2 first rounders at least I think.

Two first, plus from Raiders or maybe the Broncos.  There would be several suitors.  

6 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

What could we get for him? I can’t think of a time a QB of his caliber was traded.

Broncos got two 1st round picks and 3rd plus Kyle Orton for Jay Cutler back in 2009. Rodgers could fetch 2 first rounders at least I think.

Not much in this type of environment, where the dirty laundry is being publicly discussed. Unless it's a GM that's absolutely enamored with him.

Edited by Howler

I think this is probably the truth.

tDLFLpk8_bigger.jpg

Call me crazy or naive but I believe: 1. The Packers really love Aaron Rodgers 2. The Packers really love Jordan Love 3. They are content with that for now and are willing to figure out the rest later. No conspiracies, just good football players.
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Howler said:

Murphy warned Rodgers not to be a problem the prior season and I assume the diva went back to his old ways, during passive-aggresive sessions with LaFleur as the season progressed.

Then the FO/LaFleur decided to throw down the gauntlet with this puzzling draft, focused solely on LaFleur's shopping list as opposed to Rodger's preferences. In other words, someone is not long for this organization and it isn't the guy who just won 13 games.

We found Bob McGinn’s FF account. 

1 minute ago, Howler said:

If the Packers take Jimmy G and his frightening contract, then Rodgers has more value in a trade to the niners.

Rather have Rodgers getting paid 1 million more each year than Jimmy G getting paid what he’s getting paid.  

6 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think this is probably the truth.

tDLFLpk8_bigger.jpg

Call me crazy or naive but I believe: 1. The Packers really love Aaron Rodgers 2. The Packers really love Jordan Love 3. They are content with that for now and are willing to figure out the rest later. No conspiracies, just good football players.

Iron sharpens iron.  Rodgers has never had his job threatened in even the slightest way for over a decade.  Could this finally light a fire under his keister? Or will he shut down and want out. If he truly loves GB he will try his hardest to help us go out with a SB or two. If he doesn’t love GB then I think he’s gone ASAP. 

18 minutes ago, Howler said:

But they really can't effectively deal Rodgers without him deferring his scheduled bonuses. And then there is the PR damage of trying to trade him. Eventually, it's going to get out to the public.

Just to clarify, there are no scheduled bonuses to defer. Those cap hits are from money they already paid Rodgers in 2018 and 2019. 

2 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

Iron sharpens iron.  Rodgers has never had his job threatened in even the slightest way for over a decade.  Could this finally light a fire under his keister? Or will he shut down and want out.

...........or just maybe  he carries on as he has before.

4 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

Just to clarify, there are no scheduled bonuses to defer. Those cap hits are from money they already paid Rodgers in 2018 and 2019. 

There is a 6.8 million roster bonus that matures in 2021. He could push it back.

Edited by Howler

7 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

True. Aaron has always seemed like the “unbothered” type. 

No.

Rodgers didn't get to become who he is today by being "unbothered".

He's an absolutely highly motivated individual and is driven by whatever slight he received over his life and career. All the best ones do. This is just simply another one in a long list of slights and he will respond accordingly. Hopefully with MVP play during his remaining time with us.

Edited by Chili