Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

3 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Again, I was just referring to the very arbitrary timeline on the post I quoted. Then you came with and posted a bunch of other stuff unrelated (read: irrelevant) to the original quoted post.

I am going to take every single opportunity I get to remind people that drafting a receiver, ILB or IOL or RB in the first round is a terrible idea.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I am going to take every single opportunity I get to remind people that drafting a receiver, ILB or IOL or RB in the first round is a terrible idea.

I don’t disagree. In fact, I wanted Minkah Fitzpatrick over Roquan. I’m just glad Eddie Jackson worked out.

edit: except for WR. There are WRs who should absolutely be taken in the first round and selecting them wouldn’t be a terrible idea.

Edited by malak1

21 minutes ago, Chili said:

Woooh! Brett Favre had some things to say on Aaron Rodgers and the draft on the Rich Eisen Show. O.o

Andrew Brandt, who was there on the inside when everything went down in GB during the Favre-Rodgers transition, wrote a piece in SI yesterday saying why, in regards to the Love-Rodgers transition, "I get it, but this cannot end well."

Today on Rich Eisen's show, Favre says, regarding potential conflict involving Rodgers as a result of the selection of Love, "at some point it will rear its ugly head" and that (after speaking with Rodgers post-draft) he believes Rodgers will play somewhere other than Green Bay before his career is over.

Brett has been known to blather on about any number of subjects, though he is uniquely positioned to opine on this one.

Brandt is a shrewd observer not given to hysteria.

There should be no shortage of drama (real or conjured up by the media) in Green Bay presuming football is played in 2020. 

50 minutes ago, Chili said:

Woooh! Brett Favre had some things to say on Aaron Rodgers and the draft on the Rich Eisen Show. O.o

Rodgers is likely gone, which I don't have an issue with, until they paid him an insane amount of money. These two text a lot.

Edited by Howler

1 hour ago, malak1 said:

The truth is, if I were a Packer fan, I wouldn’t hate this pick. If history has shown us anything, this could be the best Packers pick in 20 years. It’s the rest of the draft that would piss me off. Forget WR, they should’ve made a move for someone who is actually going to try and lay a finger on Raheem Mostert, et al.

All they need to do is actually load the box.  You know, actually play the run.

Had they drafted someone, anyone, it wouldn't matter if we play the same light box stuff.

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

All they need to do is actually load the box.  You know, actually play the run.

Had they drafted someone, anyone, it wouldn't matter if we play the same light box stuff.

I pretty much agree, but it would be a nice to have an upgrade over Lowry or Lancaster.  Maybe Keke can be something .. Adams is probably a long shot.

Murphy warned Rodgers not to be a problem the prior season and I assume the diva went back to his old ways, during passive-aggressive sessions with LaFleur as the season progressed.

Then the FO/LaFleur decided to throw down the gauntlet with this puzzling draft, focused solely on LaFleur's shopping list as opposed to Rodger's preferences. In other words, someone is not long for this organization and it isn't the guy who just won 13 games.

Edited by Howler

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I pretty much agree, but it would be a nice to have an upgrade over Lowry or Lancaster.  Maybe Keke can be something .. Adams is probably a long shot.

No doubt.

But if we play the same scheme, we could have Prime Warren Sapp in there (just throwing out a name), and it really wouldn't have mattered.

Just now, Howler said:

Murphy warned Rodgers not to be a problem the prior season and I assume the diva went back to his old ways, during passive-aggresive sessions with LaFleur as the season progressed.

Then the FO/LaFleur decided to throw down the guauntlet with this puzzling draft, focused solely on LaFleur's shopping list as opposed to Rodger's preferences. In other words, someone is not long for this organization and it isn't the guy who just won 13 games.

If Rodgers is a problem behind the scenes they should have traded him this offseason .. that's what doesn't make much sense.  He's still worth a lot in a trade.  My guess is that he's a challenge, but not a problem player.  Otherwise they would have just tried to figure out a way to move on.  Once they tell Rodgers he's not in their plans he will do what he can to get himself out of town.

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

If Rodgers is a problem behind the scenes they should have traded him this offseason .. that's what doesn't make much sense.  He's still worth a lot in a trade.  My guess is that he's a challenge, but not a problem player.  Otherwise they would have just tried to figure out a way to move on.  Once they tell Rodgers he's not in their plans he will do what he can to get himself out of town.

But they can't trade him. His dead money is something like 50M. They literally can't afford to trade him.