Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

5 hours ago, Norm said:

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey, goodbye

He's here for two more years. It's also possible to appreciate that he was a tremendous Packer while also acknowledging that he's not the same dude and our fanbase overrates the **** out of him. 

1 minute ago, dwaye50327 said:

I'm both, but you get to feel bad for a guy, especially when you surround him with sub par talent every year.

1. Rodgers spent the vast majority of his career with absolutely incredible talent around him. He's had a really good offensive line around him for the majority of his career with admittedly a few Newhouse years. He spent the early portion of his career with elite WR talent that has somewhat tapered off but is still fine. This isn't the Patriots WR corps.

2. That's what happens when you make 30 million dollars instead of a cheap rookie deal. That's 28 million dollars that doesn't get spent on the talent around you. If you're an elite QB, you make up for average talent in the targets. 

Some serious competition will do Aaron good.  You know he'll have a big chip on his shoulder to prove that picking Love was a waste.  I'm also sure he will be a good teammate toward Love as long as he comes ready to learn and prepare.  Gute will probably look to add some weapons today to help Aaron.  Rodgers will be a bargain this year at 21 mil, but then things get crazy .. 36 mil in 2021, and 39 mil in 2022.  

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He's here for two more years. It's also possible to appreciate that he was a tremendous Packer while also acknowledging that he's not the same dude and our fanbase overrates the **** out of him. 

Oh I know the two years then, I just posted it right before that somewhere. And I do appreciate him. He was godlike for a long time. 

2 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

We haven’t seen Godgers in a long time. 

Which is why I've been down on him. Here and there you get the flashes of it. But overall no.

I'm not insanely excited by this to be honest but I also don't think it's this huge set back that's going to screw over our team short term.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Alright, now that we only have probably 2 years left with the man, back to full on appreciation and cherishing the moments like the Williams TD pass vs KC. He's not what he once was, but the peak might have been the best QB in NFL history. 

You mean the accidental TD pass that Rodgers tried to throw away? 

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Alright, now that we only have probably 2 years left with the man, back to full on appreciation and cherishing the moments like the Williams TD pass vs KC. He's not what he once was, but the peak might have been the best QB in NFL history. 

""I ain't as good as I once was,
But I'm as good once, as I ever was."

-Toby Keith"

-Aaron Rodgers

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

I just really hope that when it is time to move from Love to Rodgers we can get some compensation for Rodgers. 

Imagine having your franchise QB already and getting an additional first round pick in his first year as a starter. 

• Like 2