Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

The WR argument is just to grab headlines in a dead sports news market. Fact is look at the Packers rival... the Vikings.

Since Rodgers was draft ( not including this past draft) they have drafted 4 first round WRs.

- Troy Williamson

- Percy Harvin

- Cordarrelle Patterson

- Laquon Treadwell

Would anyone in any fan base take these guys over Thielen and Diggs knowing what we know about their careers? An undrafted FA and a 5th rounder.

Its not about where they are drafted it’s about if you have talent at the position.

Rodgers has had: Jennings (2nd), Jones (3rd), Nelson (2nd), Cobb (2nd), Adams (2nd) over the course of his career. He has never not had weapons.

14 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

That’s only 1 less than the amount of Super Bowl-winning quarterbacks who were drafted in the first round over the same timeframe. (Manning not drafted by Denver)

45 minutes ago, malak1 said:

That’s only 1 less than the amount of Super Bowl-winning quarterbacks who were drafted in the first round over the same timeframe. (Manning not drafted by Denver)

26 of 47 quarterbacks to win the Super Bowl have been 1st round picks.
6 more were Tom Brady.

Cordarrelle Patterson
MIchael Floyd
Demaryius Thomas
Nelson Agholor
Sammy Watkins
Philip Dorsett

Those are the only 6 receivers drafted in the first round THIS DECADE to win a Super Bowl. 

Look at that list. 

Michael Floyd wasn't active.
Patterson was special teams.
Dorsett has 11 career touchdowns receptions.

Three of the six only won a Super Bowl because the Patriots signed them for nothing after they busted off their team before their contracts even ran their course.

Dorsett was a first round pick cut after two years.  Do you understand how rare that is for a first round pick to be cut after two years?

2 receivers won the Super Bowl with the team that drafted them in the past 10 years.
Agholor, Thomas. 

7 OT
6 EDGE
5 DL
3 QB
3 DB
2 WR
1 RB
1 LB
1 IOL

That's how many of the other positions have won a Super Bowl in the past 10 years.

Wait, that's not right.

Correction: That's how many at each position has won a Super Bowl with the team that drafted them.

Think also of the numbers of these positions drafted.  There are more tackles, EDGE, DL, and WR drafted than quarterbacks each year in the first round.

This is exactly what I have been preaching my entire time here.  It's not so much the player as it is the team decision making. 

You make poor positional value decisions and that reflects on your team's chances.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

26 of 47 quarterbacks to win the Super Bowl have been 1st round picks.
6 more were Tom Brady.

Cordarrelle Patterson
MIchael Floyd
Demaryius Thomas
Nelson Agholor
Sammy Watkins
Philip Dorsett

Those are the only 6 receivers drafted in the first round THIS DECADE to win a Super Bowl. 

Look at that list. 

Michael Floyd wasn't active.
Patterson was special teams.
Dorsett has 11 career touchdowns receptions.

Three of the six only won a Super Bowl because the Patriots signed them for nothing after they busted off their team before their contracts even ran their course.

Dorsett was a first round pick cut after two years.  Do you understand how rare that is for a first round pick to be cut after two years?

2 receivers won the Super Bowl with the team that drafted them in the past 10 years.
Agholor, Thomas. 

7 OT
6 EDGE
5 DL
3 QB
3 DB
2 WR
1 RB
1 LB
1 IOL

That's how many of the other positions have won a Super Bowl in the past 10 years.

Wait, that's not right.

Correction: That's how many at each position has won a Super Bowl with the team that drafted them.

Think also of the numbers of these positions drafted.  There are more tackles, EDGE, DL, and WR drafted than quarterbacks each year in the first round.

This is exactly what I have been preaching my entire time here.  It's not so much the player as it is the team decision making. 

You make poor positional value decisions and that reflects on your team's chances.

Lmao, don’t get all emotional, I was just using the very arbitrary timeline in the post I quoted. Nothing that I posted is incorrect. 

9 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Lmao, don’t get all emotional, I was just using the very arbitrary timeline in the post I quoted. Nothing that I posted is incorrect. 

Nothing I posted is incorrect.  Everything I posted is relevant.

Nothing you posted is incorrect, but none of it is relevant.  

• Like 1

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Nothing I posted is incorrect.  Everything I posted is relevant.

Nothing you posted is incorrect, but none of it is relevant.  

Again, I was just referring to the very arbitrary timeline on the post I quoted. Then you came with and posted a bunch of other stuff unrelated (read: irrelevant) to the original quoted post.

The truth is, if I were a Packer fan, I wouldn’t hate this pick. If history has shown us anything, this could be the best Packers pick in 20 years. It’s the rest of the draft that would piss me off. Forget WR, they should’ve made a move for someone who is actually going to try and lay a finger on Raheem Mostert, et al.

Edited by malak1