Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

Cal football reveals new locker room funded by Packers QB Aaron Rodgers

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/28/cal-football-reveals-new-locker-room-funded-by-packers-qb-aaron-rodgers/

https://twitter.com/CalFootball/status/1166757508519620608/video/1

The brand new football locker room funded by Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers was officially revealed Wednesday at the University of Cal-Berkeley. Rodgers made a seven-figure donation to the athletic department in June.

The Cal football team released footage of players seeing the new locker room for the first time and a thank you message from coach Justin Wilcox.

“Aaron, just wanted to say thanks, man. The guys love it. We appreciate you, and best of luck this season. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Unbelievable.

There are posts upon posts talking about pros and cons concerning the last 5-6 roster spots including names like Kizer, Carson, Shepherd, Lazard, Madison, McCray, Patrick...etc.

Anything is possible right now!

3 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Lol I’m not being that serious.

sure, but yer still dropping a turd in the beautiful new pool...

ed8cd170b9a4a2b5046bdcec9ad51705.jpg

Rodgers donates his time and big $$$ to many worthy causes, including one of my favorites, the MACC fund to cure childhood cancers
https://maccfund.org/portfolio-item/an-evening-with-aaron-rodgers/

Aaron has enjoyed immense financial success, so donating to his football program/setting up a scholarship for community college kids doesn't take anything away from the great work he does elsewhere. This Cal donation is dwarfed by the others he's made over the last 10 years
Maybe we could cut the dude some slack  ?  :)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

sure, but yer still dropping a turd in the beautiful new pool...

ed8cd170b9a4a2b5046bdcec9ad51705.jpg

Rodgers donates his time and big $$$ to many worthy causes, including one of my favorites, the MACC fund to cure childhood cancers
https://maccfund.org/portfolio-item/an-evening-with-aaron-rodgers/

Aaron has enjoyed immense financial success, so donating to his football program/setting up a scholarship for community college kids doesn't take anything away from the great work he does elsewhere. This Cal donation is dwarfed by the others he's made over the last 10 years
Maybe we could cut the dude some slack  ?  :)

Yeah to be clear I have no problem with Rodgers donating money or with this choice to donate in particular. I think it’s very generous of him. I do have problems with the way UC handles their business. To make an analogy, I have problems with the US meat industry and consumptive animal use in general but I don’t have problems with individuals who eat meat. I think Rodgers is exhibiting positive moral traits here. 

12 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

I do have problems with the way UC handles their business.

fair enough and you're certainly not alone on that one
Apparently the reason AR made this donation is because the UC promised to do the upgrades for years -  but never came up with the cash

50 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Yeah to be clear I have no problem with Rodgers donating money or with this choice to donate in particular. I think it’s very generous of him. 

Boy, that's gotta be a big relief for Aaron.

3 hours ago, Cakeshoppe said:

I mean it’s a plenty nice thing to do but tbh there may be better places to donate your money than the UC system

You'll catch crap for this, but you're right.

The obvious caveat is this is very very personal for Aaron in ways it wouldn't be for a random donor.

15 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You'll catch crap for this, but you're right.

Yeah, judging how people donate their money is always "right". It's not insolent or odious at all.

I'm sure you've donates millions to only worthwhile causes.

Well done!