Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

Just now, vegas492 said:

It's crazy, that's for sure.

I think much of it is due to the front office.

And say what we want about Mac, he did coach up Brett and resurrected his career, while developing young Aaron.  

While he was part of the problem on the way out, he did navigate those waters awfully well.

The front office that brought us Ray Rhodes and Mike Sherman! YUCK ! ! ! 

I don't hate McCarthy, but do not see him as a great coach. Never did, never will! I wish him well! 

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

The front office that brought us Ray Rhodes and Mike Sherman! YUCK ! ! ! 

I don't hate McCarthy, but do not see him as a great coach. Never did, never will! I wish him well! 

I questioned him as a game day coach.

Never as a QB developer back when he could hold his QB classes.

Cool thing about that front office is that they moved on from Rhodes, quickly.  Sherman had his days in the sun, too.

Ah....visions of Ahman Green are filling my head now.  (choosing to forget Joe Johnson)

12 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Eh.  That was said about Favre, too.

In this league, there are just so many examples of young QB's coming in and doing well.

I'm honestly less worried about life after Aaron than I was about life after Brett.

I started watching football regularly around 99’ -2000, didn’t get to see MVP Favre. Were people on him then too?

4 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I started watching football regularly around 99’ -2000, didn’t get to see MVP Favre. Were people on him then too?

If social media was then what it is now?  I'd say yes.  Brett, I think, got a pass from a lot of people (me included) because of his past greatness.  Hard to argue with 3 MVP's in a row and a Super Bowl title along with another Super Bowl birth.

No doubt he declined in the Sherman era, but then Mac brought him back to a great level.

Aaron, though, is a different kind of guy and like the board says, he's not as "Wisconsin" as Brett was.  

Peter King loved and still loves Favre.  Back then King was THE VOICE of the nfl.  Now there are tons of talking heads.  Just a different era.

11 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Oh, and if you can, go watch some of Brett's early stuff.  The guy was indestructible.  Taking huge hits and jumping up jawing at defenders.  He once took a hit against the Bucs after escaping the pocket and rolling right...blidside hit that would have killed most QB todays.  He jumped up and slapped the guys helmet seemingly asking him for "more".  I always thought he played better after he took a big hit.  That was young Brett.

He was like a young labrador.  Goofy.  Little awkward.  Reckless.  But extremely loveable.

At least that is my take on him.

25 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Oh, and if you can, go watch some of Brett's early stuff.  The guy was indestructible.  Taking huge hits and jumping up jawing at defenders.  He once took a hit against the Bucs after escaping the pocket and rolling right...blidside hit that would have killed most QB todays.  He jumped up and slapped the guys helmet seemingly asking him for "more".  I always thought he played better after he took a big hit.  That was young Brett.

He was like a young labrador.  Goofy.  Little awkward.  Reckless.  But extremely loveable.

At least that is my take on him.

I’ve seen some highlights. 

I def get that his personality was real lovable . 

I personally don’t care. Unless you’re a scumbag like Hill or AB, just win .

3 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I have often wondered what percentage of posters have only experienced the Packers with Favre and Rodgers as QB1?

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’d bet it’s a significant amount. I know I’m one. 

Count your blessings! It was a rough 2.5 decades! 

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

If social media was then what it is now?  I'd say yes.  Brett, I think, got a pass from a lot of people (me included) because of his past greatness.  Hard to argue with 3 MVP's in a row and a Super Bowl title along with another Super Bowl birth.

No doubt he declined in the Sherman era, but then Mac brought him back to a great level.

Aaron, though, is a different kind of guy and like the board says, he's not as "Wisconsin" as Brett was.  

Peter King loved and still loves Favre.  Back then King was THE VOICE of the nfl.  Now there are tons of talking heads.  Just a different era.

One thing I've always noticed is that old people like Favre the most. They were always willing to overlook his little scandals, writing them off as good ol' boy behavior. Old people in general have never been as fond of Aaron Rodgers. He is like Jeff Gordon to Favre's Dale Earnhardt. 

Just now, Greg C. said:

One thing I've always noticed is that old people like Favre the most. They were always willing to overlook his little scandals, writing them off as good ol' boy behavior. Old people in general have never been as fond of Aaron Rodgers. He is like Jeff Gordon to Favre's Dale Earnhardt. 

I'm not sure what you call old, but I like all three of our HOF QB's to include: Starr, Favre and Rodgers. I did not like the way Favre left, his last press conference, but I wasn't in the locker room. I know he was pissed because we didn't go all in a few times (Randy Moss). I've gotten over that, but how does one not like Rodgers. He's the best QB to ever play the game. 

By the way, I liked Don Majkowski too! Especially when he beat the Bears and Ditka made them put an asterisk in the program! 

• Like 1