Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

4 hours ago, cannondale said:

The defense is really screwed on that play. QB angling for the sidelines means the play is over before it really is. The downside for the QB is that he can get lit up on the cutback. You can bet defensive players took notice of that. You could say that Rodgers welched on a gentlemans agreement

To be fair this was a little different.  Time is running low and Rodgers is clearly looking at the cutback well before he takes it.  I think it was less him welching on a gentleman's agreement and more no one expected him to remain in bounds with the clock so low.  Rodgers was doing some quick thinking there, realizing that he likely would only have time for one more shot so might as well pick up a few extra yards, and I don't think the defenders were that miffed he came back inside.  97 was just bad luck the way his ankle rolled.

8 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

All my Viking fan friends insist he was throwing it away.

Viking's fans are going with McDonald's fries levels of salt this year.  I don't know if they thought Green Bay would be full on re-building, so their success stings a bit more or what.  It seems like every game, the Packers really should have lost in their mind.   I really hope they have another one of their second-half collapses this year.    

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KFP7 said:

Viking's fans are going with McDonald's fries levels of salt this year.  I don't know if they thought Green Bay would be full on re-building, so their success stings a bit more or what.  It seems like every game, the Packers really should have lost in their mind.   I really hope they have another one of their second-half collapses this year.    

Well to be fair the only reason GB is 7-2 this year is because of the refs - MN fans.

from PackersWire

After eight games in a brand new offense, including four without his Pro Bowl receiver, Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is on pace for one of his most statistically efficient seasons in years.

Rodgers is second in the NFL with 2,324 passing yards and on pace to throw for 4,648 yards, which would set a new career-high.
His current 106.7 passer rating would be his highest since the 2014 season, his last MVP season.

Rodgers is also averaging 8.2 yards per attempt, 12.6 yards per completion and 8.0 adjusted net yards per attempt.
All three would represent his best marks since 2014.

The last two weeks have been peak Rodgers. In wins over the Raiders and Chiefs, Rodgers completed 75 percent of his passes, tossed eight touchdown passes and zero interceptions, averaged 11.5 yards per attempt and posted a passer rating of 152.0.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

from McGinn via The Athletic

Rodgers earned a passing grade because he never made a terrible mistake. He’s the master of disaster avoidance. In his last 21 starts, he has fumbled on just one sack. When trouble draws near, Rodgers senses it and grips the ball solidly with two hands. On back-to-back plays in the Packers’ end of the field, he avoided a sack and a lousy looking screen pass by almost spiking the ball. Rodgers probably knows the rulebook cold. He seems to know exactly what he can and can’t get away with it when it comes to the officials. He is an extremely deft ballhandler, an underappreciated aspect of quarterbacking.

• Like 1