Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

25 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Right.

Byron Bell at guard is a Free Agent.

Justin McCray is a part of the fantastic Browns offensive line. Idk if he even starts.

Randall Cobb is lighting the NFL on fire with his 239 yards

Lane Taylor lost his job to a rookie this year after a dreadful start

Jason Spriggs played in 13 games last year he was cut

Jimmy Graham sucked this and last year.

MVS was a green 3rd round rookie

EQ was a green 7th round rookie who played a lot

But ya, we were LOADED with talent. 

Oh. and he was playing with a significant injury and a sub par coach as well. 

He had mediocre guards but an elite center and elite tackles.

He had two good RBs.

He had a legitimate #1 WR.

He had a TE who was top 10 in most statistical categories while showing good per target numbers. 

If you can't function because of Guards and WRs 2 and 3, you're not an elite QB.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He had two good RBs.

He had a TE who was top 10 in most statistical categories while showing good per target numbers. 

If you can't function because of Guards and WRs 2 and 3, you're not an elite QB.

You forgot to throw in Macs terrible coaching. Come on man don’t be so black and white. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He had two good RBs.

MVS 5th round. IDK why I said 3rd.

Dude, you either don't understand context or are so egotistical that you refuse to acknowledge things that don't fit your already formed opinion. 

Nobody is saying Rodgers played great football the last 2 years. However, most of us are unbiased enough to recognize that there were a lot of things working against him (surrounding talent, coaching, injuries) 

He's still a top 2-3 QB in the league.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

MVS 5th round. IDK why I said 3rd.

Dude, you either don't understand context or are so egotistical that you refuse to acknowledge things that don't fit your already formed opinion. 

Nobody is saying Rodgers played great football the last 2 years. However, most of us are unbiased enough to recognize that there were a lot of things working against him (surrounding talent, coaching, injuries) 

He's still a top 2-3 QB in the league.

Well said 

Rodgers didn't play well in 2018. 

That appears to be the actual aberation, not the Raiders game.

His deep ball is coming up short, but he is playing better than his numbers this year even (still a top 6-7 rated passer) based on the context of this season.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The issue I take with this point is if you're telling me like some people have that our QB is playing at an elite level since the Eagles game, then we really badly need to do something about this offensive scheme that has seen us score 22, 24, and 27 points with elite QB play against middling defenses. 

We've scored 34, 23 and 42...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Right.

Byron Bell at guard is a Free Agent.

Justin McCray is a part of the fantastic Browns offensive line. Idk if he even starts.

Randall Cobb is lighting the NFL on fire with his 239 yards

Lane Taylor lost his job to a rookie this year after a dreadful start

Jason Spriggs played in 13 games last year he was cut

Jimmy Graham sucked this and last year.

MVS was a green 3rd round rookie

EQ was a green 7th round rookie who played a lot

But ya, we were LOADED with talent. 

Oh. and he was playing with a significant injury and a sub par coach as well. 

Nice list, but I think you forgot that the 2018 HC for some reason concluded that Montgomery should be his starting RB until Gute finally shipped Ty out halfway through the season.

Ty Montgomery as a starting NFL RB, yuck.

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Perfection is expected of him and he's also not as "Wisconsin" relatable as Favre. He's not hunting and drinking beers. He likes music, golf and scotch.

Oh...he's embracing Wisconsin, at least part of it.  I've seen him on the waters of Green Bay a few times......  :)  

All he really had to do was chug a beer with Bakh and he'd be one of the boys.  That day will come.  

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Citation needed.  Look, let's not beat around the bush here.  The evidence is overwhelming that Rodgers openly questioned McCarthy and won a power struggle.  Nobody can deny that.  Then in the beginning with LaFleur, there's an early power struggle with passive aggressive shots from Rodgers.  The whole audible thing and more. 

LaFleur is a damn saint for his ability to navigate that persona.  It takes a very strong person to be able to juggle that kind of personality that meshes with everything that doesn't go their way.  LaFleur is doing it, and he did it in a way that makes Rodgers think Rodgers did it. 

The give and take needed to balance that is extraordinary.  Rodgers has already reached mythic levels of popularity, MVPs, extraordinary plays, etc.  It's one thing for a respected and established head coach to do that.  McCarthy couldn't.  It's quite another thing to be able to do that at only three years older than the person you're coaching. 

I was extremely nervous as soon as McCarthy was fired.  This could easily have turned into a McDaniels in Denver situation or a Kelly in Philadelphia situation.  New coaches do 1 of 2 things:

1. They make things better and move forward.
2. They completely destroy everything. 

LaFleur is obviously doing the former, and it's fun to watch. 

Just a great post here, if you didn't read it the first time, read it again.

I've been just otherwordly impressed with MLF.  You could see that Rodgers wasn't comfortable early on.  But that has gotten better almost with every half of football.  Watching Rodgers' feet and arm angles tells me he's more comfortable.  And he's using his eyes to move defenders to set up plays.  

As a QB, you don't do that (use your eyes) if you don't fully understand and TRUST what is going on.  Part of that is him getting comfortable with the offense and MLF, part of that is his comfort with his new line.  Both are coming together.

I just can't understate the role of MLF as a head coach.  Very calm, cool and collected on the sideline.  In some of these tight games, that has to rub off on his team.  Then you see/read stuff about Z and his sack celebration...how it was going to go away, but then came back and how he talked about loving his coach.  That's some good stuff there.

2 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Nice list, but I think you forgot that the 2018 HC for some reason concluded that Montgomery should be his starting RB until Gute finally shipped Ty out halfway through the season.

Ty Montgomery as a starting NFL RB, yuck.

Who could forget about him lol.

People are choosing to dislike Aaron for whatever reason and it’s very strange! I’ve said this before but people are in for a wake up call when he’s not our QB anymore 

3 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Who could forget about him lol.

People are choosing to dislike Aaron for whatever reason and it’s very strange! I’ve said this before but people are in for a wake up call when he’s not our QB anymore 

Eh.  That was said about Favre, too.

In this league, there are just so many examples of young QB's coming in and doing well.

I'm honestly less worried about life after Aaron than I was about life after Brett.

Just now, vegas492 said:

Eh.  That was said about Favre, too.

In this league, there are just so many examples of young QB's coming in and doing well.

I'm honestly less worried about life after Aaron than I was about life after Brett.

You are so spoiled! Look no further than our division so see how spoiled we've been over the last 27 years. 

5 minutes ago, Golfman said:

You are so spoiled! Look no further than our division so see how spoiled we've been over the last 27 years. 

It's crazy, that's for sure.

I think much of it is due to the front office.

And say what we want about Mac, he did coach up Brett and resurrected his career, while developing young Aaron.  

While he was part of the problem on the way out, he did navigate those waters awfully well.