Browns trade Cam Erving to Chiefs

Forge

22 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Those gifs are terrible. How did he manage to look so good in college?

I'm of the same opinion, and the only guess I have as to why a team gave up the 5th is that plenty of people in the NFL are still convinced that anything that goes to Cleveland dies.

2 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

He very well maybe the worst O-lineman I've ever seen

It's between him and Oniel Cousins for me. Those are the two worst I have ever seen and I'd probably put Cousins as the worst but Cam was a 1st round pick so more was expected of him so it seems worse.

For the record I usually support Browns players after they are cut/traded and I hate that Haden went to the Steelers because I think he could still be a useful player for a year or two but Cam...he just isn't a football player.

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

The funny thing about this is

Tyreek Hill was a 5th round pick

so if any team would see the value of a 5th rounder right now it should be the Chiefs 

We also took Kevin Hogan 3 spots before Hill in that same 5th round. Hill was our first win in the 5th round since Brandon Carr in 2008. Before that I think it would go back to Dante Hall in 2000. I think Joe Horn was a 5th rounder somewhere in the 90s, but he didn't really pan out for us, exactly.

The Chiefs, like all other teams, fail an overwhelming majority of the time in the 5th round. Us succeeding last year doesn't make the round more valuable.

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

so if any team would see the value of a 5th rounder right now it should be the Chiefs 

This logic is always comical.

"We got a 6th rounder....Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round..." Whilst ignoring that the vast majority of players drafted on day 3 are never heard of, but lets cherry pick one of the few successful ones to make the pick seem more valuable than it will ever likely be .   

Dont get me wrong....a pick is better than nothing, especially for a player that may have been cut either way, but its always funny when people bring up successful late round picks like they are anywhere close to the norm.

SOME Browns fans on here did this last year when they traded Justin Gilbert.....laughed at the Steelers and acted like the Browns "won" the trade.   Sure, okay....you traded a bad player for a pick that MORE THAN LIKELY wont be more than a practice squad player....that nice....but lets stop downplaying and ignoring the fact that you just traded a former first round pick away 2 years after you drafted him.      Yeah yeah....this is a new regime, but we have heard this exact same thing multiple times before.    New regime....tons of draft picks.....and we always end up back in the same place a few years later.

Will that happen again?   I dont know.   I like what the Browns are doing to be quite honest.....but seems like deja vu. 

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

It's between him and Oniel Cousins for me. Those are the two worst I have ever seen and I'd probably put Cousins as the worst but Cam was a 1st round pick so more was expected of him so it seems worse.

For the record I usually support Browns players after they are cut/traded and I hate that Haden went to the Steelers because I think he could still be a useful player for a year or two but Cam...he just isn't a football player.

There was a dude. He last played for the Raiders. I think he may have been drafted by the Redskins....Can't seem to get his name....

8 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:
5 hours ago, brownie man said:

This logic is always comical.

"We got a 6th rounder....Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round..." Whilst ignoring that the vast majority of players drafted on day 3 are never heard of, but lets cherry pick one of the few successful ones to make the pick seem more valuable than it will ever likely be .   

Dont get me wrong....a pick is better than nothing, especially for a player that may have been cut either way, but its always funny when people bring up successful late round picks like they are anywhere close to the norm.

I would think if any fan base aside from Patriots fans would recognize the value of a sixth round draft pick, it would be Steeler fans.  After all, Antonio Brown was a sixth round draft pick too. 

I'm joking.  Antonio Brown was actually a sixth round draft pick, but I'm still joking. 

2 minutes ago, Crickett said:

I would think if any fan base aside from Patriots fans would recognize the value of a sixth round draft pick, it would be Steeler fans.  After all, Antonio Brown was a sixth round draft pick too. 

I'm joking.  Antonio Brown was actually a sixth round draft pick, but I'm still joking. 

but lets cherry pick one of the few successful ones to make the pick seem more valuable than it will ever likely be .  

:ph34r:

Hahaha great stuff in this thread had no idea we'd get to 7+ pages on the bum. 

However Brown's fans seem thrilled at the fact the could get anything yet a 5th rounder but I mean he was a first round pick a few years ago teams may be willing to do something like this to take a chance on talent. He was an awful bust though and this could be his last shot. 

Archived