***Spoiler FREE*** Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Acgott

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Okay, was that not possibly the Death Star that Rey walks up to right as Luke says, "but nobody's really gone," right before Sidious's laugh?  Wait, no, Sidious died on a Star Destroyer, didn't he? 

If I remember correctly, that was the second Death Star.

Just now, Fl0nkerton said:

Yeah, that's what I thought, too, but I'm not so sure.  I thought they were looking at the second Death Star from that ship where he...

I THINK I confirmed that he did, in fact, die on the second Death Star since he went there to oversee final construction on it. 

Edited by Outpost31

24 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Let's see. I'm hopeful. I did have my fair share of issues of TLJ. The weird part is that it doesn't feel like the end of a saga. It barely feels like it's started.

That happens when you use the 2nd movie to completely undo the plot of the first movie.  

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Both touche and exactly!  Can bring Sideous back easy enough if they want too.  Hitting that nostalgia seems like an Abrams move though.  Far fewer are attached to Snoke.

Well it doesnt make sense that Sidious couldnt come back since Jedi themselves can live on after death. The force is not subjective, so if anyone could find a path to immortality it would be Sidious.

As a diehard Star Wars fan (who was also very invested in the previous expanded universe), I get so much joy out of the bitter fan tears from raging fanboys who hated Ep 8. I loved Ep 8, I loved how we slowly started our departure from the legacy characters, I loved how they did it, I love most of the new characters, I think they only thing from the last two movies I hated was Rose saving Finn from sacrificing himself to stop the attack towards the end.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

I don't think that's a spoiler. I thought it was Snoke's laugh, I listened to it in the bathroom at work and couldn't tell

You couldn't have just said you listened to it twice? 

I meant that I snuck into the bathroom like @MikeT14 to listen to it, so the audio quality was pretty bad, hence not sure on who's laugh it was. If you want more details about the bathroom part you can pm me

43 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:
45 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Yeah, that's what I thought, too, but I'm not so sure.  I thought they were looking at the second Death Star from that ship where he...

I THINK I confirmed that he did, in fact, die on the second Death Star since he went there to oversee final construction on it. 

Correct. To clarify, they were on the Death Star and they watched the destroyers intercept the rebels, including that super big one that crashed into the death star