NFL Draft GDT: Day One (no spoiled picks!!)

Forge

Just now, ACO said:

Giants are a hot pile of crap. I can't even.

Redskins though. Impressed. People were clowning them for months and they went and killed their picks. The NFC East will be fun to watch. Hell I totally forgot Guise was on the team. They have a trio of RBs and Haskins. If they just need some WR help and they solid. Their defense is no joke. Don't sleep on Washington. 

Plus they also get Reuben Foster to join them.   WAS's offseason went from a hot pile of garbage to massive optimism in the last 24 hours.   Man.

11 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I would have supported a trade up personally. I think Q is going to be a HOFer but who knows what NYJ was demanding. 

The reports are that it was a 2nd for a 1-spot move down.   Who knows, but if so, that's a missed opp for Gruden/ Mayock IMO.

6 minutes ago, ACO said:

Giants are a hot pile of crap. I can't even.

Redskins though. Impressed. People were clowning them for months and they went and killed their picks. The NFC East will be fun to watch. Hell I totally forgot Guise was on the team. They have a trio of RBs and Haskins. If they just need some WR help and they solid. Their defense is no joke. Don't sleep on Washington. 

They need a lot of help at WR. Show me a worse WR core.

I thought Giants killed their first 2 picks last year. This year....ouch. 

Just now, Jeezla said:

They need a lot of help at WR. Show me a worse WR core.

They definitely do but that have two 3rd RD picks and I can see them using both on WR. Also the have Thompson they use more as a WR as well. AD and Guise will be the main backs.

I totally forget Reuben Foster was on the team @Broncofan which just highlight how crazy that defense with the addition of Sweat. I don't know. I am very intrigued by the moves the Redskins are making and they have 6 more picks. 

Just now, ACO said:

They definitely do but that have two 3rd RD picks and I can see them using both on WR. Also the have Thompson they use more as a WR as well. AD and Guise will be the main backs.

I totally forget Reuben Foster was on the team @Broncofan which just highlight how crazy that defense with the addition of Sweat. I don't know. I am very intrigued by the moves the Redskins are making and they have 6 more picks. 

And to add to this - only 2 WR's went Rd1.  So now we have a huge WR pool that likely means a few who would normally go Rd2 will now be there when WAS picks.  So this could really work well for them.

I'm torn because frankly Bruce Allen & Dan Snyder don't deserve this kind of luck.  But their fanbase certainly does for enduring their ownership lol.   

Even if Haskins doesn't work out it was a fantastic result because Smith's injury there was no way with his cap hit WAS could invest in anything but rookie-level contract.  To get Haskins without moving up is just nuts.  To then be able to move up to get Sweat with submarket prices, and to get Foster off the hook for a suspension, is just insanely good fortune.   

At the very least, I feel like WAS with their D, run game and Haskins will eat the Gmen for lunch the next 2-3 years - which you know Haskins will just eat up. 

Just now, ACO said:

Defense has a lot of potential to be good this year, especially vs the run. Wouldn't surprise me if Norman took a step back.

Offense is 2 years away from being 2 years away.

1 minute ago, ACO said:

I don't get the Patriots pick whatsoever. I thought they would pick Irv or trade back. 

Irv doesn't have the same ceiling as Hock/Fant do.   Pats never reach for need.   They need WR long term as much as TE.   I think it's a strong pick TBH.  

I think you'll see NE go TE on Day 2, FWIW.

Just now, Jeezla said:

Defense has a lot of potential to be good this year, especially vs the run. Wouldn't surprise me if Norman took a step back.

Offense is 2 years away from being 2 years away.

I'd love DEN to offer CHJ for WAS' 2020 1st round pick swap for PIT's 3rd 2020.  Snyder's just the owner to go all-in with this draft result lol.    Addresses the one weakness WAS D has.  

Archived