NFL Draft GDT: Day One (no spoiled picks!!)

Forge

28 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I just did this Day 2 projection on likely picks for 32-40 on our home Forum - fans for ARI/IND/OAK/SF/SEA/TAM/JAX/BUF, tell me where I'm offbase!   I'm a BPA advocate, so I'm also trying to fit BPA/need where there's conflict - the thing is, unless you want a pass rusher, ILB or S, I don't think there's a huge gap yet.  So here goes....

----------------

38-40 - TAM, JAX, BUF - now this is where T/IOL again really become glaring needs and BPA fits - TAM was in play for Williams at 1.5 but went Devin White instead.   Taylor / Risner seem like a great match.   JAX could go Irv Smith or WR but also invested in 2 rookie WR last year - seems more trenches will be their focus if it’s not TE.  Same for BUF with Irv Smith although WR is another BPA/need fit.   I do think Risner is a prime target there.  But I didn’t think Ford and Taylor would last this long so it could let Risner fall to us.   But if there’s an area to jump if Elway loves Risner that much it’s the 38-40 range. 

Jaguars could go Irv Smith, but the way some of their brass have talked...it sounds like Hockenson was "The TE" for them.  They've made absolutely no overtures to hide that they're after both an OLineman (RT probs) and a TE on Day2.  

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

Ok. 54/55. Something needs to blow me away tomorrow. I am THIS damn close to a full on breakdown. Tytus Howard!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, THEY WERE IN THE TEXANS WAR ROOM AND SMILING AND HIGH FIVING OVER DILLARD, THEN THE EAGLES JUMPED THE GUN AND SOME DAMN INTERN DROPPED THE CARDS WITH ALL THE NAMES ON IT DURING THE DILLARD PICK, AND EVERYONE PANICKED AND THEY STARTED RANDOMLY GRABBING AT CARDS AND SOME INTERN GRABBED A CARD THAT SAID DAMN "TYTUS HOWARD" AND THE ROOM SAID "YOLO, LETS GIVE ET A DAMN BRAIN BREAK!" AND SENT THE DAMN CARD IN!!! WHY!? WHY!?!?

I need Endgame tomorrow. That won't let me down.

I'm going to tell you what my now-divorced buddy would tell his wife during arguments:

"You should get mad about it"

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm going to tell you what my now-divorced buddy would tell his wife during arguments:

"You should get mad about it"

I'm going to see Endgame in five hours, so I'm not so mad anymore. But by 4pm, I'll be mad again.

6 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Not that mad over the Colts trade anymore after I realized something.. After next year we will have had 9 2nd round picks in a 3 year stretch.  That's one hell of a way to build the depth of your roster.  

Still wish we got another mid-late rounder this year but oh well

Its nice to have an extra 2nd but still a weird deal for a team that isnt that far from a spot in the championship game. 

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

Ok. 54/55. Something needs to blow me away tomorrow. I am THIS damn close to a full on breakdown. Tytus Howard!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, THEY WERE IN THE TEXANS WAR ROOM AND SMILING AND HIGH FIVING OVER DILLARD, THEN THE EAGLES JUMPED THE GUN AND SOME DAMN INTERN DROPPED THE CARDS WITH ALL THE NAMES ON IT DURING THE DILLARD PICK, AND EVERYONE PANICKED AND THEY STARTED RANDOMLY GRABBING AT CARDS AND SOME INTERN GRABBED A CARD THAT SAID DAMN "TYTUS HOWARD" AND THE ROOM SAID "YOLO, LETS GIVE ET A DAMN BRAIN BREAK!" AND SENT THE DAMN CARD IN!!! WHY!? WHY!?!?

I need Endgame tomorrow. That won't let me down.

A replay of the Texans war room last night

6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Its nice to have an extra 2nd but still a weird deal for a team that isnt that far from a spot in the championship game. 

I think it makes a boatload of sense for a team in this draft.  This draft is weird and deep, but shallow at the top.

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm going to see Endgame in five hours, so I'm not so mad anymore. But by 4pm, I'll be mad again.

That cool.  I'm  gonna see it like 3 years from now at 4pm when it shows up on Netflix.  I'll be mad then.  Maybe?

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

That cool.  I'm  gonna see it like 3 years from now at 4pm when it shows up on Netflix.  I'll be mad then.  Maybe?

IOU one like. Remind me tomorrow.

And you'll need Disney+ if it's a three year plan on Endgame. By then, Tytus Howard will be the best player in football. Deshaun Watson will be in a wheelchair, but you gotta take some lumps... Right?

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

IOU one like. Remind me tomorrow.

And you'll need Disney+ if it's a three year plan on Endgame. By then, Tytus Howard will be the best player in football. Deshaun Watson will be in a wheelchair, but you gotta take some lumps... Right?

As long as Watson's bionic wheelchair isn't allowed on the field, we good.

34 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Just because you have a ton of first rounders doesn’t mean that you have drafted well. The Jags get my A+ so far. 

Pretty sure he's being sarcastic because they let Allen fall to us.

Archived