NFL Draft GDT: Day One (no spoiled picks!!)

Forge

I'm still shocked by the Giants drafting of Jones... Super happy to see that Haskins ended up at Washington though so he can destroy the Giants 2x a year and make them have to revisit their mistake yearly.

Also was funny that on the broadcast that the panel said that the fan that won season tickets for 100 years might want to try and give them back after they took Jones at #6.  LoL

Just now, Raves said:

I'm still shocked by the Giants drafting of Jones... Super happy to see that Haskins ended up at Washington though so he can destroy the Giants 2x a year and make them have to revisit their mistake yearly.

Also was funny that on the broadcast that the panel said that the fan that won season tickets for 100 years might want to try and give them back after they took Jones at #6.  LoL

It's crazy. It's lunacy.

The guy's sole quality is LOOKING like a QB. That's it. 

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

It's crazy. It's lunacy.

The guy's sole quality is LOOKING like a QB. That's it. 

I was joking with a coworker, who is a Browns fan, that we finally figured out why they traded OBJ away.  They were planning on drafting a QB at #6 who would be even worse at getting him the ball than Eli.

I'm guessing that Jones had a really low fumble rate on handoffs, as that's probably the only thing he'll be doing for the Giants before he's cut.

13 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Anyone heard anything about the Giants potentially looking to trade Evan Engram?

I haven't heard that but I won't be surprised. What they really need to do is just make him what he really is... a WR and then draft a TE.

1 minute ago, TedLavie said:

I think the worst 3 picks of D1 were all made by the Giants. Biggest reach (Jones at 6), worst fit (Lawrence) and worst player picked (Baker) imho

the Texans made one of the worst picks in round 1. at least the 3 guys the giants picked where projected round 1.

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

the Texans made one of the worst picks in round 1. at least the 3 guys the giants picked where projected round 1.

Howard was in the running for worst pick but:

1. I kinda liked him, I really wanted the Chiefs to take him at 61/63 if he was there

2. There are so few LTs in the NFL, and Howard was probably the best (only?) potential LT available. Big reach yes, but after QB, LT is probably the position where you have to reach in the draft to get your guy

3. It was such a big need, and it's a decent fit

Archived