NFL Draft GDT: Day One (no spoiled picks!!)

Forge

14 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

They should go OL with the next two picks.  Kyler running around will be fun for about 5 minutes. 

there was about ~940 snaps on offense last year.

Tackle snaps:
Korey cunningham - 349
Joe Barksdale - 244
Andre Smith - 426
John Wetzel - 339

Guard snaps:
Oday Aboushi - 407
Colby gosset - 282
Will Holden - 147
Jeremy Vujnovich - 147
M. Iupati - 477

our line is completely different this year. like all those dudes are bums and won't be on the team this year (except for KC). If they stay healthy might be good enough. But I wouldn't be upset with Risner, Taylor, or Ford.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Trade values are clearly diminished this draft. Teams trading up are getting nice prices. Clearly more people wanting to move down than move up. 

Chris Ballard told the Indy media last week there are only 14 elite talent players in this draft. He said the next level of talent includes players who could be had mid 1st to 3rd round. After the trade he said that as of Monday he was already leaning towards trading down. 

2 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Chris Ballard told the Indy media last week there are only 14 elite talent players in this draft. He said the next level of talent includes players who could be had mid 1st to 3rd round. After the trade he said that as of Monday he was already leaning towards trading down. 

Makes sense. Don't even necessarily disagree with that. 

Looks like people are super split on the Raiders draft. My interpretation:

• Reached on a DE as it was a major need. Better fit in a 4-3 than Allen and is the prototype DE for Guenther's D. He has a super high floor and I think will be a solid pro. Will be a mid tier DE long-term.
  • Love the Jacobs pick. Quite easily the best RB in this class. The definition of a 3 down back and can run, block and catch. Will never lead the league in yards but again, will be a reliable do it all pro. 
  • Abram is a bit of a question mark for me. I don't know much of anything other than he is again a high character guy (common theme with Mayock) and has speed/hits hard. Our secondary looks pretty promising but Karl Joseph will probably be traded at some point.

Overall I give it a solid B. Not elite players anywhere but capable day one starters at 3 positions. 

1 hour ago, EL Guapo said:

A second round pick is not nothing. They will want that next year

Sure, but Sweat was arguably a top-12 talent and we got him and the 5th year option (can't get that on a 2nd rounder) by giving them #46 and next year's 2nd (which is equivalent to a 2019 3rd rounder)

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Sure, but Sweat was arguably a top-12 talent and we got him and the 5th year option (can't get that on a 2nd rounder) by giving them #46 and next year's 2nd (which is equivalent to a 2019 3rd rounder)

True although i am curious what that 2nd is. If its high its good but Indy should have got a late 3rd or mid 4th back this year too 

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

True although i am curious what that 2nd is. If its high its good but Indy should have got a late 3rd or mid 4th back this year too 

Absolutely agree here. I was shocked we gave up so little for Indy dropping 20 spots and out of the 1st round (with its precious 5th year options).

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Looks like people are super split on the Raiders draft. My interpretation:

• Reached on a DE as it was a major need. Better fit in a 4-3 

People are so often just sheeple. Ferrell was always a top 5 guy, but people forget, and fall in line with the other dummies. Enjoy. Smart pick. 

Archived