1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I just watched many of plays where he was lined up wide - one on one - so dont give me that crap. Also - according to one reviewer of the pick - he was taken off the field on 3rd downs at some point due to being ineffective. This is not an instance where one person has a few bad things to say. It's pretty darn universal. I fully admit to not having the time or expertise to make final judgement, but my guess is neither do you. So you'll have to forgive me if I lean toward the masses that do this sort of thing for a living vs yourself until which time he sees the field. If I'm wrong, I'll fully admit to it. Yes, block me please

Which game is he getting the wide reps with any consistency?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Which game is he getting the wide reps with any consistency?

I watched random reviewer videos on youtube. He was lined up wayyyyyyy wide quite a bit - at least quite a bit from what I saw. There isn't much out there on him. His initial jump is fine - but stalls and sometimes quits - and this is one on one with tackles. I was half asleep so take it for what its worth. 

Edited by cannondale

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

aI watched random reviewer videos on youtube. He was lined up wayyyyyyy wide quite a bit - at least quite a bit from what I saw. There isn't much out there on him

Not much tape on Rashan Gary?- lol.

I watched some of his video against Nebraska and Ohio State from 2018... He was out wide and a complete menus. 

Of course the best part of the Gary / Savage round one picks is that they are better than the rest of the NFC North combined.

A TE and a center. You just can't dream up more wasted draft capital for the competition. There's something to be said for getting players, but that's not how you build a team.

Here's hoping that Gary has a better career than Mack. (And I never got the hate for Rashan tbh.)

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I watched random reviewer videos on youtube. He was lined up wayyyyyyy wide quite a bit - at least quite a bit from what I saw. There isn't much out there on him

1:05 - nothing

1:54 - legit pressure on a 7 yard arc that just didn't get paid off.

2:41 - brought hands on the bull and would have had a pressure if not for the Guard dropping off and catching his feet.

3:03 - tried to go inside and got nothing, also lost pocket contain

3:37 - won on his inside counter before the Guard arrived to help with the double team. 

5:29 - legit pressure

6:34 - no plan on his rush

7:49 - hands and feet are disjointed.

He's getting pressure on about half of his kickout rushes. That's a rate that's just a little bit below Burns and Sweat. 

+++

7:09 is nice to see.

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Don't know what you mean there.

It was 2 am and I did a quick search

Well, by menus, I meant menace.

I was just pointing out there's a bunch of video on Gary. Heck, he has more HS tape than most guys have from college.

This is one I watched. Don't have time to find the others right now. LIS it was 2 am and it was far from a deep dive. The only reason I'm posting it is because I was told he was never one on one. He was one on one in the other videos I saw as well

Edited by cannondale

9 minutes ago, cannondale said:

This is one I watched. Don't have time to find the others right now. LIS it was 2 am and it was far from a deep dive.

We're seeing the same things here, except that call at 6:00 was definitely a stunt.

You're just watching a video that's predominantly 3rd down pressure package rushes because those are the cleanest rushes you can get on tape.

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Quoted wrong post. 

I want to love Gary, but this one makes me nervous because I think it's boom or bust. Hopeful it's boom. He has all the physical talent in the world, time to coach him up. The one thing you can't do is make the kid love the game and want to compete every down. 

Time will tell. 

How long would the recovery be if the Pack decided to have him clean up the shoulder right now? 

15 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Quoted wrong post. 

I want to love Gary, but this one makes me nervous because I think it's boom or bust. Hopeful it's boom. He has all the physical talent in the world, time to coach him up. The one thing you can't do is make the kid love the game and want to compete every down. 

Time will tell. 

How long would the recovery be if the Pack decided to have him clean up the shoulder right now? 

From what I’ve seen he plays hard every snap, just doesn’t always know what he’s doing.

According to him the shoulder was reported wrong and is resolved. 

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Player A: 6'4 3/8", 269 lbs, 34" arm, 9 7/8" hands, 4.65 40 yard, 1.62 10 yard, 4.41 20 yard SS, 7.37 3 cone, 36" vertical, 10'1" broad, 24 BP
Player B: 6'4", 277 lbs 34 1/8" arm, 9 5/8" hands, 4.58 40 yard, 1.63 10 yard , 4.29 20 yard SS, 7.26 3 cone, 38" vertical, 12" broad, 26 BP

Player is Bradley Chubb, Player B is Rashan Gary.

26 Reps with a torn labrum?  thats impressive. 

7 hours ago, craig said:

Thanks for all the different input, guys. 

Is there any insight into the Wonderlic 8 bit?  He's just not too bright?  Or he's got learning disability which makes Wonderlic score not representative of his actual intelligence?  

Dyslexia is a condition that makes it very hard for the brain to decode written material. It has nothing to do with intelligence. Some dyslexic people are extremely bright and some are not. There are learning aids for dyslexic people that I believe have been adopted by NFL teams. If Gary has dyslexia, learning the playbook should not be a problem because I'm pretty sure the Packers have these learning aids. 

• Like 1