4.58 40
26 Bench
38" Vert
120" Broad
7.26 3-cone
4.29 Shuttle

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

After sleeping on the pick, I’m still a lukewarm. 10 years ago I would have loved this pick, not so much in the analytics era. There’s a lot of potential but little production.

It was interesting they announced him at LB. 

Area scout and Gute both said he'll start in the LB room but will move around the DLine as opportunities present themselves

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

We basically drafted Jadeveon Clowney

Jadeveon Clowney:
6' 5" / 266 lbs / 34 1/2" arms

4.53 40
21 Bench
37.5" Vert
124" Broad
7.27 3-cone
4.43 Shuttle

Rashan Gary:
6' 4" / 277 lbs / 34 1/8" arms

4.58 40
26 Bench
38" Vert
120" Broad
7.26 3-cone
4.29 Shuttle

And Gary put those up 10 lbs heavier lol.... insane

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Player A: 6'4 3/8", 269 lbs, 34" arm, 9 7/8" hands, 4.65 40 yard, 1.62 10 yard, 4.41 20 yard SS, 7.37 3 cone, 36" vertical, 10'1" broad, 24 BP
Player B: 6'4", 277 lbs 34 1/8" arm, 9 5/8" hands, 4.58 40 yard, 1.63 10 yard , 4.29 20 yard SS, 7.26 3 cone, 38" vertical, 12" broad, 26 BP

Player is Bradley Chubb, Player B is Rashan Gary.

Darn it!  Look at that broad. BUST!!!!

• Like 1

I really want to thank you guy's for opening my eyes on Gary. I really hated the pick at first because I really wanted Burns. But Pettine has a type of OLB he likes and Gute gave him what he wanted. Gary can be JJP or Quinton Coples.  I'm more comfortable with him in Pittines system, this kid should be dominat I'm calling it now. If we still had Dom I'd be concerned with this pick.  I've been studying this kid and found out he has top 5 talent.  if he can put it together we got a steal at 12.

Edited by St Vince
  • Like 1

Jim Harbaugh

“I see people trying to put out a negative thing about a player. Rashan Gary runs in the 4.5’s, he’s 280 pounds. He’s going to get drafted in the top 10,” Harbaugh said this week on his podcast. “These people that are trying to kid themselves that he’s not, it’s comical to me. They’re trying to get someone to not pick him in the top 10 so he could fall. There’s some people out there who would love to see him get into the 20s so they can get him. It’s fairly transparent.

“And the way pro teams go about it is that. They try the ‘I don’t know, I wouldn’t take him there or here.’ Watch on draft day. He’ll get taken in that spot.”

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2019/04/23/michigan-football-jim-harbaugh-rashan-gary-nfl-draft/3548823002/ 

Edited by Arthur Penske

I slept on it.  Still feel the same way.  High ceiling, low floor.

I checked those RAS metric scores for him.  He's every bit the athlete that Oliver is, in that his scores at DE, LB and DL are 9.7 or better.  He has AMAZING athletic ability.

I hear about his lack of production and the hurt shoulder.  Yet he put up 26 reps on the bench.  Seems like the shoulder is fine.  As someone who DID NOT watch Michigan play, I can only surmise that he "set the table" for others to make plays.  That won't be the case in GB, that table will be set by Clark, Daniels, Z Smith and P Smith.

There is cause for concern with the pick, but there should also be a ton of optimism.  I don't think we've had an athlete like him in quite some time.  Now we just have to get it out of him.

I'll take the "wait and see" approach.

I was more pissed about the Randall pick...and even the Clark pick (I wasn't a fan...and I was wrong).  I'm more or less "neutral" on Gary.  

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

12 sacks as a rookie is my prediction right now. 

I'm on record as liking this pick.  Packers don't often pick poor personalities in round one, and the one knock on him seems to be about his personality/effort. 

He has 9.5 sacks in 3 years against college level competition when he is a notch or two or three better athletically than the guy you are playing against. Now he is going to eclipse that in one year against pros?  I'm predicting 12 sacks in 4 years and we dont pick up his 5th year option.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think this will work out. The one thing Pettine cant coach up is killer attitude and a love of football. 

10 minutes ago, VegasDan said:

He has 9.5 sacks in 3 years against college level competition when he is a notch or two or three better athletically than the guy you are playing against. Now he is going to eclipse that in one year against pros?  I'm predicting 12 sacks in 4 years and we dont pick up his 5th year option.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think this will work out. The one thing Pettine cant coach up is killer attitude and a love of football. 

Not saying I think it will happen or that they're the same player, but Clay Matthews had 5.5 total sacks in college in 4 years (Gary only played 3 years) then had 10 sacks his rookie year.

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

Not saying I think it will happen or that they're the same player, but Clay Matthews had 5.5 total sacks in college in 4 years (Gary only played 3 years) then had 10 sacks his rookie year.

Yea, I mean I'm not making excuses for Gary. As a Michigan fan, I've watched quite a bit of him and Michigan football the past 3 years. 2018 was a down year for him on the field, no question. That being said, there's a reason why you can look at any "too early" mock draft from August after the 2017 season and you won't find one that didn't have Gary going in the top 10 picks, some times in the top 5. He is capable of being special and was trending that way after his 2017 season at Michigan where he was the best defender on the field and the player opposing offenses game-planned for. 

In 2018, he had some injury issues and I'll be the first to say I don't think he was "rushing" back from injury to keep playing college football. But isn't that a trend now-a-days? I think half-way through the year, dealing with injuries, Gary set his sights on the NFL, not going to fault him for that. Like others, he sat out the bowl game for this exact reason. If the Packers get him back on track as the kid who needed to build off of a solid 2017 season, there's a lot to be excited about. 

I'd put his locker right next to Za'Darius. Very similar players schematically and we're paying Z to not just do what he does on the field but be a leader off of it and Gary is a perfect disciple. You take Gary's athletic traits and give him Z's technique, hand-use and tenacity, and you've got an All-Pro player.