1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

23 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

How do you define nasty?  He's in there getting his hands dirty.

Nasty is like toughness. It's a magical cure all that some people don't believe anyone can succeed without. Didn't pan out? Toughness. Not winning games? Not enough nasty on the team. In short, it's complete bs to justify not liking somebody. 

36 minutes ago, gopackgo247 said:

Gary is going to be playing with a huge chip on his shoulder. 

I've read about Gary more today and I am pretty excited to see what he does. I was impressed Devin Bush thought Gary should be picked before him when asked what he expected prior to the draft. 

1 minute ago, HyponGrey said:

Nasty is like toughness. It's a magical cure all that some people don't believe anyone can succeed without. Didn't pan out? Toughness. Not winning games? Not enough nasty on the team. In short, it's complete bs to justify not liking somebody. 

It's literally an arbitrary argument to make.  There's no way to quantify it, so you're essentially left with making an opinion with no ability to support it.  He's in there getting his nose dirty.  That's tough enough for me.

4 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Dyslexia is a condition that makes it very hard for the brain to decode written material. It has nothing to do with intelligence. Some dyslexic people are extremely bright and some are not. There are learning aids for dyslexic people that I believe have been adopted by NFL teams. If Gary has dyslexia, learning the playbook should not be a problem because I'm pretty sure the Packers have these learning aids. 

If they could teach Sitton a way more complicated position with all of his issues, teaching Gary should not be an issue.

There's always a learning disability/intelligence balance, but he's a pass rusher. You could teach a fairly intelligent golden retriever that spot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

It's literally an arbitrary argument to make.  There's no way to quantify it, so you're essentially left with making an opinion with no ability to support it.  He's in there getting his nose dirty.  That's tough enough for me.

Like I get it if you want your player to fight through an injury, or have a bit of a chip while playing. Some even go so far as to say they want a guy who will try to get an extra shot in after the play. Fact is, Gary plays with that kind of grit (minus the neanderthal penalties), and your intangible ideals are not only subject to your own discrimination, but also largely outdated in this finesse league.

12 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Clowney had the same rep as "freaky athlete, but where is the production" too.

Clowney didn't play hurt and wasn't asked to absorb blockers. Play Clowney as a 34 okie end and see how much production you get.

He's no where near as talented as Jadeveon Clowney and no where as unathletic as Nick Perry. If there is anything you can say about this kid he can run down in the backfield you when he wants to. Much much better in space and change of direction than Perry was. 

26 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

No. It means playing angry like you will take the opponent's head off. Even Calvin Johnson says that's quite needed for Butler at WR. DL is different. Reggie White was not a "nice" preacher on the field. I don't see that in Gary. Didn't see it in Matthews either.

But LIS that's the only negative I see in his game. I don't see the negatives in Gary that others do.

Edited by JaireAlex

7 hours ago, cannondale said:

I just watched many of plays where he was lined up wide - one on one - so dont give me that crap. Also - according to one reviewer of the pick - he was taken off the field on 3rd downs at some point due to being ineffective. This is not an instance where one person has a few bad things to say. It's pretty darn universal. I fully admit to not having the time or expertise to make final judgement, but my guess is neither do you. So you'll have to forgive me if I lean toward the masses that do this sort of thing for a living vs yourself until which time he sees the field. If I'm wrong, I'll fully admit to it. Yes, block me please

Thank you for admitting you dont know anything about Gary and are solely piggybacking off of media members. Proves my initial point. Carry on. 

Just now, JaireAlex said:

No. It means playing angry like you will take the opponent's head off. Even Calvin Johnson says that's quite needed for Butler at WR. DL is different. Reggie White was not a "nice" preacher on the field. I don't see that in Gary. Didn't see it in Matthews either.

Ha Herman has a perfect timed tweet for you at about 1:04

1 minute ago, JaireAlex said:

So playing without any sort of game plan and in general playing recklessly is better?