1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

57 minutes ago, VegasDan said:

It seems to me he is big enough to play DE for us.  I read that he played out of position as a DE in college and that his best position in the NFL is probably DE. I take this to mean DE for the Pack in the 3-4 as opposed to Michigan's 4-3 DE.

Are we sure he is a OLB? I would like him to get on the field more than just obvious passing downs.

He's starting in the linebacker room, but Pettine's going to use him all over.

I've warmed up to Gary after reading a lot more info about him.  Harbaugh said he was their best player and his teammates loved him.  The fact that Frank Clark was ststisically unproductive at UM lends credence to the idea that the scheme affected some things. 

Somebody out there had it in for this guy .. perhaps because he started his own marketing firm or something?  By almost all reports he's a good kid and an elite athlete.  He was considered a top 10 pick all the way up until a few weeks ago and then someone or multiple entities started to poison the well.  I hope this kid has a major chip on his shoulder and does all he can to make people look silly for doubting him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I've warmed up to Gary after reading a lot more info about him.  Harbaugh said he was their best player and his teammates loved him.  The fact that Frank Clark was ststisically unproductive at UM lends credence to the idea that the scheme affected some things. 

Somebody out there had it in for this guy .. perhaps because he started his own marketing firm or something?  By almost all reports he's a good kid and an elite athlete.  He was considered a top 10 pick all the way up until a few weeks ago and then someone or multiple entities started to poison the well.  I hope this kid has a major chip on his shoulder and does all he can to make people look silly for doubting him. 

Different scheme than when Frank Clark played there but yup. Watched all of Michigan's games for the past 5 years and Gary didn't put up #'s because of scheme. Doesn't mean he didn't make an impact though.

4 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Man, he's so lazy! I love this pick, I get the risk but the upside is stupid insane and I think all this stuff trying to make him look stupid and lazy feels like absolute BS to me.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Man, he's so lazy! I love this pick, I get the risk but the upside is stupid insane and I think all this stuff trying to make him look stupid and lazy feels like absolute BS to me.

Calling a football player lazy is a lazy take, but hey thats just me.

Edited by Gopackgonerd
  • Like 1