2018 NFL Draft - The Home Stretch

swede700

I don't actually have QB that high on my list of needs. I do think that drafting a mid round QB, wouldn't be a bad idea but I'd be fine going with what they have once Bridgewater comes back. I actually put LT still pretty high on the list (or RT). Remmers hasn't been great out there. Rieff has done better than I expected, but if we are in position to get a top LT prospect, it would be worth taking, or getting a RT would also be good.

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I don't actually have QB that high on my list of needs. I do think that drafting a mid round QB, wouldn't be a bad idea but I'd be fine going with what they have once Bridgewater comes back. I actually put LT still pretty high on the list (or RT). Remmers hasn't been great out there. Rieff has done better than I expected, but if we are in position to get a top LT prospect, it would be worth taking, or getting a RT would also be good.

If we draft in the middle/late  first round, might we be better off drafting the best RT rather than the 3rd or 4th best LT?  Inquiring minds want to know lol.

After this season I believe QB will be one of the biggest needs. Sam may still have a chance but he shouldn't be resigned if his knee can't hold up after his previous surgeries. Also, I'm one of the biggest Teddy fans there is but I have no idea what kind of QB he's gonna be when he gets back. I'd like to bring him back on maybe a shorter deal, and see what he can do because he's still young. 

I know I may catch flack for this, but the thought of Lamar Jackson in purple excites me. Jackson & Cook & Diggs is a very good young trio of offensive core players. He's still raw as a passer, but I believe he can develop and become a very good player. He's electric in the sense that he could be the most mobile QB since Mike Vick. I also like Rosen but he also makes a lot of head scratching plays, although his mechanics are very good. 

Other then that I see G, RT, S and 3 tech as priority needs. Although Jaleel Johnson & Isidora could potentially be solutions at a few of those spots. It's just an unknown right now. And I think we could do worse then having Remmers next year back at RT, while focusing on other needs.

3 hours ago, perrynoid said:

If we draft in the middle/late  first round, might we be better off drafting the best RT rather than the 3rd or 4th best LT?  Inquiring minds want to know lol.

Don't think that those two things are really different at that point. While they might be considered a LT or having had played there, they'll most likely be RT in the NFL (in my opinion)

I think Darnold just said he was going to be going back in the last day or two.

Lamar Jackson doesn't excite me that much, his passing is such a work in progress. Rosen intrigues me a little bit more, though I'm not sure I care with any of the passer right now, Bridgewater still seems like a solid option on this team, he's still young.

• 2 weeks later...

To me, while they have looked better, O-line still needs to be the #1 priority. Depending on how Teddy looks if/when he plays this year will be a big deciding factor in just how prioritized QB should be. Beyond that, you have UT to look at with Jaleel possibly being good enough for us to look past the position, and possibly CB based on how the rest of the season goes for Waynes and Alexander. I don't know that safety is as much of a priority right now because Sendejo is looking more and more dependable as a starter.

With O-line, we can probably look for an upgrade anywhere except for center because Elflein should be a stable piece for years. Reiff has looked good for sure, and he can stay as our LT going further, but it's not as if he cannot be upgraded upon... not to mention there is still the debate of if he could have the same success on the right side if we were to find ourselves someone who could be better on the left, either through the draft or free agency.

I think that I would look for the best guard available. If the Vikings are drafting in the 20s like I expect them to be, I think that Nelson would be a great pickup. For all of the hype that the tackle class has received, I'm not terribly impressed with any of them this year. I would also love to grab a freaky defensive athlete in the top 4 rounds. That strategy has allowed the DL to become the force that it is today.

8 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

I think that I would look for the best guard available. If the Vikings are drafting in the 20s like I expect them to be, I think that Nelson would be a great pickup. For all of the hype that the tackle class has received, I'm not terribly impressed with any of them this year. I would also love to grab a freaky defensive athlete in the top 4 rounds. That strategy has allowed the DL to become the force that it is today.

I wouldn't be set on an OG. If a better ranked OT is available, id go that direction and move Remmers inside. I think MN needs two new starting OL, either upgrade both Guard spots or one guard spot and right tackle (assuming Remmers to G). We can probably get by with Easton at LG but I'd like to see RG and RT focused on as top needs. Berger is likely to retire and I think we can do better at RT.

Archived