2018 NFL Draft - The Home Stretch

swede700

16 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I think you have to. Harris isn't very good and Kearse mostly is a ST guy. The Vikes are weak from a depth standpoint and need to get a player who can start in a year or two while Sendejo is still solid. I'm not advocating using an early pick unless the value is too good, but depth is a concern to me.

Harris isn't good? I don't think he's been bad either. 

I agree with the rest though.

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

Harris isn't good? I don't think he's been bad either. 

I agree with the rest though.

I think he's a middle of the road backup. Can he be developed into a starter? I haven't seen him really standout when given the opportunity. I think MN could upgrade its Safety depth and that's not a bad thing considering Sendejo's age. I probably wouldn't take one before round three.

"He scares me like he scares everyone, but he is easily the most physically talented quarterback (in this class). He will get drafted much higher than the level of his tape." -- AFC director of college scouting on Wyoming QB Josh Allen

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000870850/article/sources-tell-us-scout-says-josh-allen-most-talented-qb-in-class

On 10/31/2017 at 7:16 AM, The Gnat said:

If I were the Patriots, I would look at drafting him in round one. Let him sit for a year or two behind Brady and I think they'd have their next QB ready when Brady retires. For that reason, I hope he isn't drafted by the Patriots.

Reminds me a bit of Ryan Mallet with more mobility... and if he were taken by the Pats, that may end up being the case. I feel like they should go with the safest bet possible and try and stick with someone who exhibits Brady's strengths or could develop them. That will make the transition and train up easiest. I don't know if you could put someone like Deshaun Watson in and get the same sort of success.

29. Minnesota Vikings: Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado
A revelation in his first year as a starter—the Buffs’ 2016 starting CBs both went in the first 66 picks in April—Oliver is long and fits the profile for what Minnesota wants at the position.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/07/mock-draft-2018-cleveland-browns-san-francisco-49ers-sam-darnold-josh-rosen-saquon-barkley

I'm actually fine with a first round CB if we're picking at the end of round one. I'd prefer a UT or OG, though OG is one of those positions that can be filled adequately in rounds 2-3.

i doubt Waynes is part of the future. He's an okay CB who I wouldn't doubt could see $10+ million per year in free agency.

6 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I'm actually fine with a first round CB if we're picking at the end of round one. I'd prefer a UT or OG, though OG is one of those positions that can be filled adequately in rounds 2-3.

i doubt Waynes is part of the future. He's an okay CB who I wouldn't doubt could see $10+ million per year in free agency.

If the top position options are gone (3T, OL), then I'm okay with another CB because of that depth issue that NoDak referred to, but it certainly wouldn't be my ideal option.

42 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

Not sure I'd be up for a CB in the first, especially if an elite OH is available or a good IT or S.

Newman will probably retire and we still have Waynes and Alexander next year.  So dsepth isn't great but not terrible either

Kind of going to repeat myself on the players but the only 1st round CB I want is McFadden right now although I wouldnt be surprised to see a veteran added either. In the 2nd I really would like Billy Price(OG)

What OL are you guys hoping will be available late 1st? Orlando Brown?

Archived