Round 3 Pick 67: San Francisco 49ers Select WR Jalen Hurd Baylor

J-ALL-DAY

Yeah, as I said in the draft thread, he can come in right away and play slot. I watched a lot of film on him because he's sort of in my range for my dynasty league (might not be now). Definitely my #1 sleeper. Huuuuge fan of him. Really, like him coming in right away as a big slot. With Samuel at the X and Pettis at the 7..that's a lot of explosiveness and athleticism to cover. Not to mention each guy is great after the catch. Throw in Kittle...good luck. 

Not sure in the third though..but yeah..Forge was right..we aren't looking at FS as a dire need.

Really wanted CGJ..

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Lololol

We took a guy in the 3rd who may not play next season lol.

Our big FA signing was Alexander who is coming off a season ending injury.

We signed Verrett who hasn't played for two seasons.

Did Baalke actually really leave the building??

The thing with Hurd is he's very unique. For a tall guy, he has such short, choppy strides and quick feet. How many 6'5 WRs line up at RB in a single-back set and run the ball between the OGs?? And his route-running is very Pettis-like. He still needs some refinement and work but he is like a RB with the ball in his hands....something you rarely see in a guy that long. Talent-wise, I like the pick just fine. The injuries are a legit concern but he has a skillset rare for his size. If Shanny/Lynch is ok with taking the gamble, so be it.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

We took a guy in the 3rd who may not play next season lol.

Our big FA signing was Alexander who is coming off a season ending injury.

We signed Verrett who hasn't played for two seasons.

Did Baalke actually really leave the building??

If we can't win the super bowl, I'll be damned if we can't win the ir title

Given Hurd's injury history, maybe our plan is to strategically pick the 3 games a year for which he'll be healthy to take advantage of his unique skills.

I still like the pick. But we can all laugh at your penchant for injured guys. Maybe we're hoping their bad luck is all out of the way early, so they'll be due for some health moving forward.