3[75]: Jace Sternberger [TE; Texas A&M]

Packerraymond

From Packer Report

I talked to A&M coach Jimbo Fisher about Sternberger and Keke, who were drafted by the Packers last week. Among the things he said about Sternberger:
"It’s a throwback mentality. There’s a work ethic and practice habits that are ridiculous. The kid never got tired."

usatsi_11257590_168380931_lowres.jpg

• Like 1

What did he do last year in the passing game, 10 touchdowns averaging over 17 yards a catch?

Sure he has a lot to learn and is not a burner.  A lot of burners fail, and a lot who are not become great TE's.  He will put in the work.

Excellent pick.

My ex-girlfriend from high school is related to Jace - they're 1st cousins.  I've been lurking on her Facebook page and reading her interactions with him about being drafted to GB.  He's genuinely excited about "catching passes from Rodgers and playing for his favorite NFL team from childhood".  I'll continue lurking for other little 'candid' nuggets.  

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

My ex-girlfriend from high school is related to Jace - they're 1st cousins.  I've been lurking on her Facebook page and reading her interactions with him about being drafted to GB.  He's genuinely excited about "catching passes from Rodgers and playing for his favorite NFL team from childhood".  I'll continue lurking for other little 'candid' nuggets.  

Why did you break up with your girlfriend? :)

21 minutes ago, Leader said:

Why did you break up with your girlfriend? :)

She attended an out-of-state college and we just drifted apart.  Ironically, she ended up marrying a friend of mine from high school, but they divorced about 6 years ago.  She's still single but I'm married.  Her mom and Jace's mom are sisters, so she's actually quite close to Jace.  I've been lurking around her Facebook page and there's lots of cute photos of Jace when he was just a little baby, right on through to him being grown up.  Honestly, I feel a weird connection to the guy, now that I've been looking at all of his personal stuff, LOL.

My conclusion after all of this research, is that this guy it totally class - all about family, team, family, family, effort and hardwork.  Now granted, I know we only post the good stuff about our lives on Facebook, but you can just tell when a person is a stand-up and classy, or a complete dooshnozzle.  This dude has "wholesome all American" written all over him.  

FYI - I sent him a Facebook friend invite, under the premise that I've been a lifelong Packer fan and that I dated his cousin - we'll see if he accepts my invitation, LOL.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

She attended an out-of-state college and we just drifted apart.  Ironically, she ended up marrying a friend of mine from high school, but they divorced about 6 years ago.  She's still single but I'm married.  Her mom and Jace's mom are sisters, so she's actually quite close to Jace.  I've been lurking around her Facebook page and there's lots of cute photos of Jace when he was just a little baby, right on through to him being grown up.  Honestly, I feel a weird connection to the guy, now that I've been looking at all of his personal stuff, LOL.

My conclusion after all of this research, is that this guy it totally class - all about family, team, family, family, effort and hardwork.  Now granted, I know we only post the good stuff about our lives on Facebook, but you can just tell when a person is a stand-up and classy, or a complete dooshnozzle.  This dude has "wholesome all American" written all over him.  

FYI - I sent him a Facebook friend invite, under the premise that I've been a lifelong Packer fan and that I dated his cousin - we'll see if he accepts my invitation, LOL.

If you guys become Facebook friends see if he'll get an account here ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

If you guys become Facebook friends see if he'll get an account here ;)

I'll mention it, LOL!  I was half tempted to post some of his early childhood photos here, but honestly, anyone can go to his Facebook page and look at them.  Plus, I think that would be kinda creepy - like a stalker or something.  

9 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

She attended an out-of-state college and we just drifted apart.  Ironically, she ended up marrying a friend of mine from high school, but they divorced about 6 years ago.  She's still single but I'm married.

Thats far more explanation than I ever entended you to supply.....but since you did.....

How sad! Clearly she was in love with you!!

You'd drifted apart.......distance made her feelings for you grow........so she married a close friend in hope that it would one day, some how, hope against hope bring her closer to you again!

HA!

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

Thats far more explanation than I ever entended you to supply.....but since you did.....

How sad! Clearly she was in love with you!!

You'd drifted apart.......distance made her feelings for you grow........so she married a close friend in hope that it would one day, some how, hope against hope bring her closer to you again!

HA!

You had me lured in, Leader.  For a second I was profoundly moved.  You missed your calling as a psychotherapist, HA!

I wish she had stayed with my friend, Brad.  They have two beautiful children together, and they were a great couple (so I thought).  Honestly, I kind of out-punted my coverage with her in high school anyways, and I probably never would have met her expectations or needs.  Things work out for a reason (or so I tell myself anyways.)

• Like 1